best tires?

• Sponsors (?)

Martini, as with your other post, you are leaving a lot of information out.

What type of racing do you do? How many times a month are you at that track? What are you ET or other goals? What type of treadwear are you looking for? What size tires do you want?

A good street tire will perform as well as a drag radial on the street, be safer in the rain, and get better tread wear.

I like Michelin tires myself. I have the Pilot Sports and they are killer in the rain and very sticky for street usage. Havent tried them on the track but when Lingenfelter or Hennesy want to improve the handling on their Vipers and Vetts they take off the Goodyears and slap on some Pilot Sports :nice:
They are a bit pricey and they only last 15-20K miles but they rock! :rock:

If the racing you do is at a drag strip, the nitto 555R is a good choice. I have those on my 88 and got a best of 1.7xx in the 60'. They surprisingly hook well in wet conditions too. I expect they would hydroplane more easily in standing water, but they are still very sticky on damp surfaces. I'm quite surprised by them actually.

You sure want alot....The answers to your question will be self contradicting, you want a drag radial that is good on the street for racing but safe in the rain. They do not exist yet do your self a favor get the MT drag radials and dont drive in the rain.

You sure want alot....The answers to your question will be self contradicting, you want a drag radial that is good on the street for racing but safe in the rain. They do not exist yet do your self a favor get the MT drag radials and dont drive in the rain.

That's the ticket. I have F1s for street driving on my Cobra Rims and for track use have a set of Nitto DRs on a second pair of rims for getting out of the hole better. I've always loved and had good experiences with Michelins if you can get them at at good price.

Goodyear DS G3...if you can afford it.

On a daily driver they last about 6 months. Nothing tops it's grip on wet or dry roads though. But it is not cheap by any means.

I think the last time I bought new rubber for my rear tires the two tires alone were $1,000. (315/45/17)

My last PS2 were $450 each for the rears :shrug: So almost $1000 seems right. Of course they were 295/30/19s but my 18" ones are not that much less.