Best Way to Sell a Car?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
What is the best/easiest way to sell a car? I am going to be selling my Camaro so I can get my Mustang back on the road. I want to get rid of this car ASAP. I don't want to take 6 months. I was thinking E-bay. How does that work? Or should I do the autotrader or maby the local classifieds. Any tips or help?

• Sponsors (?)

personally I used the local paper, and autotrader. I did however have a sign on the car in my driveway, I got several calls from using autotrader but ultimately the car was sold by a walkup. I contemplated ebay but the fees can rape you. gl!

If its Camaro you are trying to sell...just go to a mullet convention. I am sure you will find all the buyers you need. J/K...:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Seriously though, we have the "Auto/ RV trader" around here. It is like 3-4 states worth. Its a free distributed weekly "trader". It is huge. Anyway I have always used it and I have always sold everything quickly. Our newspaper classifieds are too much $$. I get 3 weeks in the trader with a pic and bigger ad cheaper than the local classifieds. Then just throw a 4 sale sign in the window. Goodluck.

I would go to craigslist.com personally, look on the right side of the home page and click ATL. Its pretty self explanatory. I have really good luck there, selling 2 cars, and its free and no registration is necessary.

90mustangGT said:
I didn't know E-bay had addiional fees. That sucks. I think I will try the autotrader.

Any other experiences?

i'll let you know how ebay works, i just put my t/a on there like 10minutes ago. it sucks though, caus it wouldn't let me start any new paragraphs, so my nice ass write-up is now consolidsated into one big ass block. that pissed me off, and it starts counting down you're auction time BEFORE youre car even appears on the website. :nonono:

im going to be pissed if it doesn't sell.

to the right person, track time and dyno might be beneficial , or it could be a killer, leading ppl to believe you beat on it. Like I said b4 though, use craigslist first, free and great in our area.

grey5.0beast said:
to the right person, track time and dyno might be beneficial , or it could be a killer, leading ppl to believe you beat on it. Like I said b4 though, use craigslist first, free and great in our area.

Good point. Maby I should run the dyno, and the times, but only bring it up if someone asks. For the dyno, I could say that was for when it was getting tuned. The car has a cam, longtubes, a joke of head porting, and lots of other bolt on's. If it were stock, that would be one thing.

90mustangGT said:
What is the best/easiest way to sell a car? I am going to be selling my Camaro so I can get my Mustang back on the road. I want to get rid of this car ASAP. I don't want to take 6 months. I was thinking E-bay. How does that work? Or should I do the autotrader or maby the local classifieds. Any tips or help?

Best Way 2 Sell a Car:

mob2.jpg

Attachments

• mob2.jpg
    mob2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 70
jstang209 said:
try puting it on the corner with a 4sale on one of your busiest intersections in town. Everyone does that around here, its like the Target parking is also a dealership on the weekends haha

We have a place in the city where one can park his car for like $30 a month... sold my truck there 2 months ago :nice:

90mustangGT said:
Local paper, auto trader, egay, live auction. You just have to find the niche.