Best wheel cleaner for polished aluminum, but safe for wheel paint?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I had this posted in the sound and shine forum, but it's been there for 2 days without any replies and i KNOW someone has some recommendations...

I have some old ARE rims on my coupe that are in fantastic shape, perfect paint but could use some polishing on the lip. Polishing isn't a problem, but i want a spray on wheel cleaner that'll take off brake dust and clean them up really good without hurting the paint or leaving white spots all over the aluminum...just something to use in between polishings. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

meguiars hot rims for all wheels is some good stuff. i've used a ton of different wheel cleaners (i work at autozone and anytime something like that is returned, it's damaged out by my manager meaning free for whoever wants it :D) and so far hot rims has been amongst the best.

B000OWOMTE-G9524.jpg

Attachments

• B000OWOMTE-G9524.jpg
    B000OWOMTE-G9524.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 192
Damaged out AZ crap FTMFW! Thats the only thing I miss about that place.

hah yeah i know what you mean man...i'm about to quit for a job working in a machine shop making submersible pumps for oil companies. the pay sucks (which is bad cause i'm the highest paid "red shirt" at my store) and the management at my store is lazy as hell. i don't mind the discount though, and as you said, all the free crap. lol

The problem i'm having is every cleaner i've tried leaves white water marks all over the rims, and i'm power washing the crap off so i know i'm not leaving anything behind.

We have a drive-through car wash here called Mike's Carwash, and they use this stuff they call Wheel Brite to clean wheels....and that stuff will turn a black brake dust covered wheel into an almost polished looking wheel in one pass through. I would love to find that stuff in a store. I look pretty silly driving a primered car through a carwash just for the wheel cleaner..lol.