Better 4.6

Which engine would be better to swap into a fox(seeing as I can't afford the coyote engine) a Lincoln Mark 8 DOHC 4.6 or a 2005 GT 4.6 engine? Not trying to build a race or anything just want a car more powerful than all these v6s I've had (not hard to do). But faster than my friends Acura(I hate that car) and this guy down the streets Camaro. Just wanna know which would be better from stock before I mod them.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know what other way to say this, but do you even have the slightest idea or how to build a car? Seems you have alot of (big) asperations with your current car that without lots of skill, time, knowledge and fundage, is not going to happen, its your first V8 car, learn how to make the current v8 you have run better before trying to swing a 3v into another car. Its alot cheaper to get power out of the current engine you have rather than spending at least 3k on a 3v, then a tranny, etc etc. I understand you want this car to be unique, but use this car as a learning platform so you can build something REALLY unique when you have more skill, time, and money

Just my .02

With the money your about to spend.....you'd be better off selling it and buying a v-8 car.

You know, usually I am a proponent for building a nice car vs buying one....but in this situation you are 100% right.

I just checked out the ops thread, and while i admire his ambition, it's very lofty at this point. I'd seriously consider just purchasing a v8 sn95 car. 94-95s can be had for very cheap....even cobras :shrug:

You know, usually I am a proponent for building a nice car vs buying one....but in this situation you are 100% right.

I just checked out the ops thread, and while i admire his ambition, it's very lofty at this point. I'd seriously consider just purchasing a v8 sn95 car. 94-95s can be had for very cheap....even cobras :shrug:

theres a white 95 cobra local for 2k im considering getting

@Mustang5L5:My 4 eye is a 3.8 lol and the car I'm thinking bout putting the engine in is a roller I'm thinkin bout getting. @Shaolin: this isn't for the car in my build thread, but for a roller I was thinking bout getting(was thinking bout taking yo advise for the buikd and keep my 84 for my daily. And I am trying to make whatever I get 100% unique. But u may be right I do need to get more experience, but this post was just because of somethings that were mentioned in a different thread I had. @rwood: true but I like to be different.

@Mustang5L5:My 4 eye is a 3.8 lol and the car I'm thinking bout putting the engine in is a roller I'm thinkin bout getting. @Shaolin: this isn't for the car in my build thread, but for a roller I was thinking bout getting(was thinking bout taking yo advise for the buikd and keep my 84 for my daily. And I am trying to make whatever I get 100% unique. But u may be right I do need to get more experience, but this post was just because of somethings that were mentioned in a different thread I had. @rwood: true but I like to be different.

finding a computer to run the 2005 3v will be the problem, buy a whole wrecked car and go from there that way you know you have the parts

The computer exists...in the form of a $1500 FRPP kit from Ford.

Either way, if he had a donor 2005+ or Mark 8, he'll need a k-member and other supporting mods that don't some with the K-member.

Engine swaps like this are diffucult enough for those experienced with Mustangs. Not saying he can't do it, but he needs to realize the cost and difficultly associated with putting a later model EFI into an older car. That's why upfront research is critical.

This is a topic i know alot about.

Answer these questions and i'll help you figure out the best way to go.

How much rwhp do you want?
What's your budget?
Future plans?
What's your skill level on a scale of 1 to 10? A 1 being a guy that brings me a phillips head when i ask for a flat head screw driver, and a 10 being me.

One of the main things is that my dad has a mark 8 and is considering getting rid of it and that's part of what brought upon the question, the 05 part was really just something to compare it to. I think outside of the box and ask a lot of questions, just to ask them, so let's calm down with what u think I can and can't do and answer the damn question.