Biggest piece of crap vehicle you have ever owned

• Sponsors (?)

Funny about the Saturns. My 92 SL was one of the better cars I owned. Ended up replacing the engine at 116K when I left the oil plug loose. :whoops: But it lasted another 50K until I traded it in. The 92 Probe GL was decent too. I had it form 122k until it gave up at 180k. My mom bought it new and she never had a problem with it.

As far as Ford quality...I ahve my Mustang with 180K miles and a stack of time slips thicke than a deck of cards and it still runs great. The only complaint would be the intake that cracked but other than that it's been a great car. My 97 Expedition has 212K miles and have never had a problem with it. Just routine maintinance.

'86 Mercury Topaz was my first car and in the shop more than it wasn't, mainly with electrical and computer problems. My parents must have spent thousands on this car. Worst car I owned was a '97 Dodge Avenger V6. I had this for about a year and the head gasket blew, it had a cracked block, and the transmission and rear wheel bearings went out. I traded this in for a SVT Focus and the dealer called me a week later complaining that there was so much wrong with the car. I told them to quit bugging me.

SVT Focus was my best car with not a single mechanical problem in almost 2 years of driving. Traded in for my Mustang when it had 29000 miles on it. Way to win me back Ford.

1996 Ford Mustang GT.
The biggest POS I ever owned.I spent more time fixing it
than driving it.I also spent about the price of the car buying
parts for it.My mustang was probably a lemon and the last
owner didn't tell me either. :mad:
I will NEVER buy a Ford again and I highly recommend that
you guys sell your mustangs before something happen that
will end up costing you.
The resale value on Fords is one of the worst in the market.
Also the dependability isn't anything to rave about.
On the other hand my new 2007 Subaru STI that I bought
was the most dependable and reliable car I ever purchased
and I like almost all Subaru customers will buy again for sure.

I have just the opposite luck with my 96 GT. Granted the tranny gave me some problems years ago, the plastic intake manifod busted, the convertible top rams leaked, then the sway bar broke (all fixed under warranty). Oh wait they are POS's. :rlaugh:

That mustang is reliable and smooth now. The only fixing I've done is the mods. I have a 97 F150 and it has been dead-on reliable. I don't mind the low resale since I got my truck for cheap and I don't buy cars to re-sell (I only do that with houses:D ).

Speaking of POS's, I had a '72 Triumph GT-6 in high school, too many problems to list. It rarely ran. Just kept blowing head-gaskets, trannies, u-joints, rod bearings, mad overheating, etc. Even though they looked cool, those British sports cars were the "pioneers" of POS cars. All others followed suit.

I have owned easily over 20 cars/trucks rangeing from $500-$50,000 and the only one that i considered to be a total POS was our 1996 Chevy Blazer...it had so many problems we actually Lemon Law'd it and won a settlement from GM.

My automatic, 4 cyl 89 mustang lx. Biggest POS ever. It had a blown head gasket, ran on three cylinders somehow, Spewed oil...etc. etc. I love it now that nothing but the body remains :D

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71. The only vehicle that I have ever bought brand new. When I traded it in 2002 it had 38,000 miles on it. Never gave me any trouble, but it was using almost a quart of oil every 1500 miles. I joked that I had to check the oil as much as the gas. I traded my 1997 Cobra for it :bang:

My 89 Toyota Tercel EZ. Biggest POS i've ever owned. Most reliable POS i've ever owned too.
Bought it for $400 when I got my Mustang as beater. Had it for 3 years. never changed oil, Just added qt every now and then.
Them 3valve 1.5L 4 cylinder with 1bbl carb got about 100mpg. although it had about 4hp, with missing muffler, it wounded like i had a 455 big block.
I did changed front brake. It was $9.99 per disc, and pads were $10.99. I was able to change clutch from top(clutch kit was $29.99!)
every window leaked. Everytime I took it to pressure wash, for $2.25, i got to wash outside, AND inside. Didn't even have dimmer on rear view mirror(that was optional if you can imagine that). never changed tires, but i imagin 155/80/13 would have been really cheap.
impervious to speeding ticket as top speed was 73 mph(No lie). God I miss that POS..... Its mystery to this day how my Kenwood excellon and spectram analyzer in that car were never stolen:shrug:
View attachment 375859
View attachment 375860

The worst car I ever owned was a 2000 Celica gts 6spd. I bought it with 35k miles on it, thinking that since its a toyota I will get 250k+ miles out of it...wrong. At 37k miles third gear started to grind like crazy, come to find out the syncros were a big prob spot for these cars. At about 39k miles the engine ****ed its self up. Spun a rod bearing, I heard the knocking sound and turned it off right away but it was too late. It chewed up the crankshaft and one of the rods. I baby the crap out of my cars..fully synthetic oil every 3k miles on the dot and dont beat on them, with the exception of the celica I have had NO other problems with any other cars I owned. Simply put Toyota is garbage, and I wont be buying one ever again! A full rebuild and $2500 later the engine still ran like crap so I traded it in for my stang, havent looked back since :)

My 89 Toyota Tercel EZ. Biggest POS i've ever owned. Most reliable POS i've ever owned too.
Bought it for $400 when I got my Mustang as beater. Had it for 3 years. never changed oil, Just added qt every now and then.
Them 3valve 1.5L 4 cylinder with 1bbl carb got about 100mpg. although it had about 4hp, with missing muffler, it wounded like i had a 455 big block.
I did changed front brake. It was $9.99 per disc, and pads were $10.99. I was able to change clutch from top(clutch kit was $29.99!)
every window leaked. Everytime I took it to pressure wash, for $2.25, i got to wash outside, AND inside. Didn't even have dimmer on rear view mirror(that was optional if you can imagine that). never changed tires, but i imagin 155/80/13 would have been really cheap.
impervious to speeding ticket as top speed was 73 mph(No lie). God I miss that POS..... Its mystery to this day how my Kenwood excellon and spectram analyzer in that car were never stolen:shrug:
Its amazing that the alternator in that car was strong enough to power your cd deck:rlaugh:

2004 Ford Focus SVT ~ was a lemon, had repeated clutch issues, was out of service two of the 9 months I had it, and the dealer tried to not cover it because I was 16 (literally they gave that as the reason on the service order) then tried to charge me $3,000 for a clutch/flywheel/install.

DSCN1500.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1500.jpg
    DSCN1500.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 59
in the 4 years ive been driving i have owned 9 cars and i have a tie between a '87 4cyl daytona which would blow every color of smoke out the exhaust, red, yellow, pink, you name it. or my '90 accura, which was lowered and needed a camber kit badly , i remember doing a burnout and my buddy watching told me i had sparks coming from my tires, because my inside was metal and outside was nearly brand new, and had a coffee can exhaust almost as big as Shiroelex.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED: dont buy a car at night,
if a person says "this is performance" STAY AWAY!

my '86 nissan which has seen more air than ground RIP
88e7b0e6.jpg

9bec52a1.jpg

Attachments

• 88e7b0e6.jpg
    88e7b0e6.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 9bec52a1.jpg
    9bec52a1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 72