Billet Specialties - Street Lite Drag Wheels Arrived!!!

Well, my Billet Specialties Street Lite drag wheels finally arrived!!! They look incredible! For right now I will be putting them on my 88 GT for a photoshoot but they will be going on the 85 Notch after that. I miss having the "bigs and littles" on my 85 Coupe and since I took the bullitts of it to go on the 88, and the 85 notch is going the direction of straightline performance.

I also have a pair of Nitto 555R Drag Radials 275/50/15s that will be mounted on the 15x8s for out back and I should have my skinny tires by the weekend and on the car. I can't wait.

Front - 15x3.5 with a 1.75" B.S.
Rear - 15x8 with a 5.5" B.S.

I went with these sizes because I know they just fit inside the fender wells with no clearance issues. I've run this exact wheel size/B.S. and tire sizes in the past on My 1985 Notch with Welds and they looked good and fit nicely. I don't like wheels sticking out in the back with the "jeep-look" (personal preference) also because most of my stuff is usually low and stock ride height. I admit I'm a freak about getting "the look" right on my rides and to me half the look of your car is wheel/tire combo and the ride height just right whether level or a slight rake.

I will post more pics and info on these once they are mounted on the car. Until then, check 'em out!

5079155543.jpg

5079155544.jpg

5079155545.jpg

5079155546.jpg

5079155547.jpg

5079155542.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They are beautiful wheels, was over a friends last night and he had two of the 15x8's there. Pulled one out of the box and i about fell outta the chair. I really need to switch to five lug..... good thing he didnt have a the 15x10's there!! Ohh man.

I know Scott pretty well over there and mentioned that the 5.0 guys really could use a 15x9. I think they already know that and are looking into it. I know that I'd really like a 15x9 and be able to get about a 6" B.S. and that would be perfect for me. See what happens and I'll keep you guys all in the loop.

J

I had to stop by my buddy's shop for a minute and since I'm getting sooo impatient I rolled one of the rear wheel/tires out and took some pics. I rolled it in front of the back wheel on the car to get an idea....oooooh man! I should have the front tires mounted Monday and possibly pics posted up. Until then check these out...

5079156312.jpg

5079156313.jpg

5079156314.jpg

5079156315.jpg

J

Those wheels are awesome. i wanted to do a 5 lug swap and run them, but then I saw how much they cost!!! Maybe next year.

Love the wheels, but Im not sure about the gold stripe on the body molding though.

...yeah I don't like the gold stripe either, it was on it when I got it. I wasn't going to modify this car since it's my daily driver so i bought the tomato red replacement stripe to go on it. Then I put the bullitts on it - red is out. I'd peel the gold off but it will take the paint off too so I'm just going to put black on it and call it a day.

Honestly the price for these wheels aren't really that much more than the Welds. Plus the 15x3.5 are MEANT for street use unlike what the sticker says on the outer hub on the Welds - "Not for street use..." I've had 1 friend slightly bend a 3.5" wide weld and I've seen Bogarts really get messed up being used on the street. The 15x3.5 Street Lites are even 1 lb. lighter and still stronger.

I mentioned the "not for street use" sticker on the 15x3.5 wheels to one of the guys from Billet Specialties and he laughed and asked why???

Anyways, I've had Pro Stars, and I've had Rodlites and these Street Lites are superior in quality and in my opinion look better. The center caps are a work of art all by themselves and are mounted with machined screws.
I also got them because they're new and different.

To each his own though:nice:

J