bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347

still married haven't seen testicles in years
15 Year Member
Jun 7, 2012
Little Elm, TX
Ok, so I got all my steering components replaced and started it up with another change, went from stock MAF inline but unplugged as well as SVE CAI to no MAF and an AFM 4" power pipe in addition to the 75mm accufab that I haven't driven on yet. I have not driven it yet as if needs an alignment, but did a startup idle for today and there's a lot of surging and I think it was more than before. I also think it smells way richer now too. Just after being in the open garage with it while running I smell awful, like before I put cats in the H pipe.

Attachments

• 2018-04-02_20.24.56.msl
    3.4 MB · Views: 187
  • Sponsors (?)

So I'm going to get the car aligned on Wednesday when I can WFH and drop it off. Then it's time to get the tune going after that. Any thoughts on the file I uploaded last week?

So I'm going to get the car aligned on Wednesday when I can WFH and drop it off. Then it's time to get the tune going after that. Any thoughts on the file I uploaded last week?
NM i found a few minuets. try this out, new idle settings please provide feedback. oh and you were pretty rich idling, seems like your WB took forever to warmup.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.1.6.msq
    119 KB · Views: 179
NM i found a few minuets. try this out, new idle settings please provide feedback. oh and you were pretty rich idling, seems like your WB took forever to warmup.

Thanks a Ton Steve, I'll try it tonight after I get kids in bed. And yes.. my WB ALWAYS takes 20+ seconds to register. Look back at every log I've posted and you'll see the same pattern... any ideas on how to fix that?

I was able to get it warmed up on the new tune (1.6) and I noticed it was a high idle for a long time even after WUE with AFR's over 16 for most of it. Then I realized it showed my TPS at 3.5% where it should have been 0 so I calibrated the TPS and started it back up and the idle dropped as did the AFR but there was still some surging. I'm taking it to get aligned in a bit so hopefully can get some driving data logs this week.

Attachments

• 2018-04-11_08.10.27.msl
    3 MB · Views: 148
I was able to get it warmed up on the new tune (1.6) and I noticed it was a high idle for a long time even after WUE with AFR's over 16 for most of it. Then I realized it showed my TPS at 3.5% where it should have been 0 so I calibrated the TPS and started it back up and the idle dropped as did the AFR but there was still some surging. I'm taking it to get aligned in a bit so hopefully can get some driving data logs this week.
Cool I'll look it over once I get to work.

Minor changes to the fuel table and idle settings, lowered the idle timing we will see how it likes this.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.1.7.msq
    117 KB · Views: 164
Thanks, I'll try to load it up and take it for a drive later. Just dropped it off for alignment about an hour ago and boy was it a handful with the toe so far off.
Lol i remember the first time I did a rack and pinion, the tires squealed so badly while driving it up to get the alignment I thought I was gonna need new tires by the time i got there.

So back in a holding pattern... the shop took it for a test drive (before doing alignment) and the fuel pump (I'm 99% sure) died so I had to get it towed back home. But, if the pump was on the way out and screwing with the pressure it might explain a lot of the issues we've had. I'll get it figured out and fixed then we can get back to it with known good fuel.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user