Black 03 cobra with cog pulley

• Sponsors (?)

NONE of the fast Eaton guys run it. It sounds cool but it's not really used in the Cobra world because you can run an Eaton around 17-18 psi without slip with the right pulley setup.

They tried it on some KB cars and the blowers locked up. KB's have enough problems as it is though.

This setup would be useful I would think on a HIGH boost Whipple setup or something though. Sounds cool anyway!

the nice thing about an uncoged (serp) belt is that if you miss a shift or hit the wrong gear you wont throw your belt, it will just slip

With a cog there is NO slip so for a daily driver i really dont see any use for it. Unless you like buying 130$ belts

S&B said:
the nice thing about an uncoged (serp) belt is that if you miss a shift or hit the wrong gear you wont throw your belt, it will just slip

With a cog there is NO slip so for a daily driver i really dont see any use for it. Unless you like buying 130$ belts

sorry, i guess i should clarify my earlier question. what does it do? what's the point?

91ghp5.0 said:
sorry, i guess i should clarify my earlier question. what does it do? what's the point?

Read the 2nd part to S&B's post, the answer is right there. Instead of the belt having ribs long ways, they are perpendicular to the outside of the belt. Think of it like Tank treads, ribs grip into the pulleys which makes 0 belt slip.