Black Ponys on my car? Pictures inside - comment please

srothfuss

Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row
Oct 17, 2004
Woodward Ave.
I need help making this decision. Please see the before and after pictures to compare the regular tubines to the recently accuired black pony wheels. I know that the wheels are dusty, but this is just a trial to see if they even look good on my car. So fire away with comments about the rims.

------Before------
Before1.JPG

Before2.JPG

------After------
After1.JPG

after2.JPG

If I stay with the ponys I'll get some new rubber and clean them up a bit so they are less dusty.

• Sponsors (?)

My car is the exact same color so...

#1 - I agree with Mob - removing that orange stripe will really help (I removed mine and like it a lot better)

#2 - I'm not sure all black wheels look right on your car. All black wheels look great on black, charcoal, and silver cars, but I've never really liked them on cars with other colors. Just my opinion...

I thought a better photo would be required:

Better%20Shot.JPG

I have some B springs in the garage to drop the car a little, along with some C/C plates. I just need a bump steer and my MM panhard rod before I finish the drop.

As for the "red" stripe (I think it looks orange) I'll have it removed soon.

88ssp said:
Looks decent. Would look better with a polished lip, IMHO

I agree. They would look killer with a silver lip. Id try it with one wheel and if you don't like it paint it back black. It would seperate the black wheel from the black of the tire and give it a better look against your car..