Blower Guys I Need Your Opinion!

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

I've been looking for a used Vortech for the last few months but they are all out of my price range. I have come across a mint rebuilt Paxton SN93 complete kit for fairly cheap roughly $900. My mods are below...do you think this kit would be worth it and if so would I still be able to squeek by with the 24lb injectors? I'm roughly 315 RWHP as it sits with just motor. I'm looking to get into the 400's.

Factory 5.0 Block, Stock Forged Pistons with High Tension rings, honed bores.
ARP rod , main bolts and head studs
Stock 5.0 oil pump
Balanced bottom end
Comp Cams custom cam 218in/220ex degree .512/.512 lift/114 lobe centres
Ford Motorsports roller lifters
Edelbrock Performer Aluminum heads 1.94/1.60 valves
Chambers reshaped and blended at valve seats
Multiangle valve job
Cut for Felpro wirelock head gaskets
Intake ports matched to Felpro 1250 intake gasket
Exhaust Port walls blended from cnc port opening into runners
Extrude Honed Ported
Comp Cams dual valve springs
Crane HD pushrods
Ford Motorsports Cobra intake manifold
Ford Motorsports 65mm Throttlebody
24lb Ford Motorsports Injectors with 190LPH fuel pump
MSD Billet electronic ignition distributor
MSD 7AL ignition module with MSD wires and cap
Crane H.O Coil

Appreciate the help boys !!

• Sponsors (?)

No.

The blower I have no opinion on.

The injectors are too small and so is the pump.
-walboro gss255hp
-42lb injectors minimum.

Stock ignition with boost a spark
Copper plugs gapped at .35-.42
1 heat range colder than stock for each 6psi up to 2 steps.

Good tune no bandaid fmu or spark box

Reactions: 1 users
Years ago I had an SN89 set-up on a very similar engine combo, except I had 30lb injectors and a 255lph pump. Blower put out about 5-7 lbs. boost on my set-up, so unless the one your looking at has the VR4 upgrade you'll probably get around the same output.
Gotta say my SN89 was bullet proof never had an issue with it and they can easily be rebuilt.
They are self contained and tend to run hot so see if the dipstick fluid cooler is included.
Old school s/c technology but they do what there suppose to, for the right price would be a nice entry level s/c.
Think I sold my set-up complete with oil cooler for $750

Hi guys,

I ended up scooping up a practically new V3 Sci base kit for 1500 bucks...comes with maf and 24lb injectors which I’m just going to sell along with the 24s I already got in my car and scoop up some 42s. The guy said he was making roughly 4-5lbs or boost with it...obviously I’d like a little more. What do you think I can throw at the motor and what’s the easiest way to achieve...pulley change ?

It will be getting dyno tuned afterwards.

an sn93 barely competes with the old v1 Atrim's.. Save up a few more and buy a used Strim or novi2k kit and then worry about making too much power for your block

an sn93 barely competes with the old v1 Atrim's.. Save up a few more and buy a used Strim or novi2k kit and then worry about making too much power for your block
Already bought the V3 SCI...anyone have any install tips?
I plan on going to a 255 fuel pump and 42lb injectors so that means I won't need the FMU correct? Also I'm thinking of ordering pully upgrade as it was only making 4lbs before.

Already bought the V3 SCI...anyone have any install tips?
I plan on going to a 255 fuel pump and 42lb injectors so that means I won't need the FMU correct? Also I'm thinking of ordering pully upgrade as it was only making 4lbs before.
You do not need the FMU, get a good tune. You want to pulley it for 8lbs or so. Should be a chart for the pulley size out on google

You do not need the FMU, get a good tune. You want to pulley it for 8lbs or so. Should be a chart for the pulley size out on google
Thank you sir,

Anything you recommend as far as install goes? I'll need to atleast have it running to load it on the trailer for when I take it to get tuned. With 8lbs of boost fairly safe on my motor or could i push a little more?

I'm hoping for roughly 400rwhp...next step will be replacing the t5.

Thank you sir,

Anything you recommend as far as install goes? I'll need to atleast have it running to load it on the trailer for when I take it to get tuned. With 8lbs of boost fairly safe on my motor or could i push a little more?

I'm hoping for roughly 400rwhp...next step will be replacing the t5.
8lbs should easily get you in the 400+whp range. What rear gear are you running?

My V3 si kit came with a 6 rib 6" crank pulley. I swapped that pulley out for an 8 rib 6.87" that has an under drive accessory pulley built in. Part # 4FA116-031. The rest of the kit is still 6 rib, including the belt, idler and supercharger pulley. The 6 rib belt still works on the 8 rib crank pulley no problem. With this larger drive diameter I can get 10psi in cooler weather. 8ish in hotter weather. It's not a cheap pulley at nearly $300.

http://legacy.vortechsuperchargers.com/product_variation.php?pvk=355

No tune = FMU
Tune = no FMU
Having done it both ways I HIGHLY recommend getting a good quality tune or
some sort of DIY tuning device, but it sounds like you already figured that out.
Not sure if you still have the stock clutch fan set-up but an 8rib crank pulley might cause
interference issues.

Pressure is going to be dependent on what heads and stuff you have. Boost is a measurement of restriction

I would start with the pulley setup you have and see where pressure is and take from there .

That v3 will get you in the realm of splitting a stock block . 42lb injectors will work well . Skip the fmu and have it dyno tuned . I would run a 340lph pump. I used a aeromotive and had no issue when I did my first blower setup .

As far as installation . Vortech has the instructions online and with a v3 setup this is something I feel can be finished in a weekend . The blower install if you have done then before with the self contained unit is a 4-5 hour install . You still need to drop your tank , do pump , injectors , swap maf .

I also recommend a pro m meter . Don't skimp on that . Also either a Anderson or UPR power pipe as well

You need this. 20171120_172550.jpg