Electrical ? Blowing fuse #6 on my daily.

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
The a.c. Cut out on ride home ,checked with gauges and then jumped switch.No go.Checked fuses #6 toasted,it controls a.c. Clutch,hatch release,and radio light.also cruise cont.Haven't done anything with any of those ,but on ride home a did run over a plastic plant bucket on the parkway,didn't know I was dragging it till I got off exit turned left and seen it in rearview. What to do after I check under car????

• Sponsors (?)

Did that, a.c. Came on and blew when driving down the road two minutes from house.Any other valuable info would shirley be welcome.And don't call me shirley✈

I don't know how sucking a bucket under the car pertains to this but you likely have a grounded wire.
KOEO, ac on, hook the wire from a test light to the positive battery post and test the #6 fuse, if it lights up the circuit is grounded, you can do the same on the connector for the ac at the pump.
At least that is what I would do first.

I don't know how sucking a bucket under the car pertains to this but you likely have a grounded wire.
KOEO, ac on, hook the wire from a test light to the positive battery post and test the #6 fuse, if it lights up the circuit is grounded, you can do the same on the connector for the ac at the pump.
At least that is what I would do first.
Thanks General,that is great info and much appreciated. What I just did was get under her and inspect for damage,and I found the wires that go to trans.switch had been somehow worn to expose copper and they grounded( I guess) Took wires off fixed and then replaced fuse.Just came back and a.c. on cruise on no problemo safari so goody.

Reactions: 1 users