Blue Oval Industries Beware!!

I don't often come here much anymore, as I'm usually on a regional forum here in Canada :canada:, but........

Incase you didn't know, beware of John!

Anyone looking to deal with the guy (John) best of luck to you.
We ordered (2) complete rubber kits for 2 84 mustang convertables we are doing. Anyways, we were sent the box with 1 complete kit, and one, missing 2 rubbers, and 1 extra rubber.
We notified him, and he said you didn't look at the packing slip, the rubbers backordered.

Fine, it happens, wish you would have told us first but whatever!

A month goes by, and I e-mail him, asking whats the progress on the backordered rubbers? The customer is starting to bother us.
He sends an e-mail, saying send both the rubbers back that we sent extra.
I e-mailed him again, letting him know that we will send back the ONE rubber that they sent extra, and I still want an update.
A week later, still nothing!

I'm gonna wait one more week, this way I know he'll have recived the rubber we sent back to him, and he'll get a nice phone call!

Just giving anyone a heads up.
He seemed like a decent guy on the phone when I talked to him, and informative when I e-mailed him before, but after that sale, he sure changes!

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't have issues either besides the fact they wouldn't ship to my work. They only ship to billing addresses. So....I had a 300+ dollar order sitting in a box on my front porch for 6-7 hours while I was at work....NIICE!!

he is known for bad customer service, but I have ordered several parts from him with decent luck so far. as long as you dont mind the bull****, he is a great source of the budget builder.

I had a terrible time with their customer service.

They sent me the completely wrong item, then for returns just 'send it back'. No Return # no nothing. I notified them that I wanted a different item, and that if I enclosed a check for the difference it'd be fine. 2 weeks later...nothing. I call, get a bunch of confusion, have to talk to a few different people.....another week. Nothing. I call and bitch, and 'magically' my parts are being sent out the next day.

I mean I eventually got everything, but it was a huge headache. Had to drive near 2 hrs to get the original parts I needed to not cancel the appointment.

I will definately hesitate on my redealings.

LOL another blue oval post. I have read so many of these, it's sad really. They have decent prices on somethings but the customer service is the pits. I was shocked when the guy actually yeld at me about a missing part from my order, it took forever to fix and alot of rude phone calls. To me there are better mustang part sources out there. Blue Oval Industries :notnice:.

I bought a bunch of parts a few months back and had great service. The lady I spoke to to confirm my order was very friendly and curteous. I only had one problem, that being one of the red bulbs that came with my smoked 3rd brake light was bad, but I never botherd to call them about it. I would reccomend them!

BLUE OVAL BEWARE

I bought $560 worth of items from him 3 months ago. No hitch.

3 days ago I ordered 4 Baer rotors. The shipping came up as $69.

A day later I found a new Ebay auction by Blue Oval for the same items at the same price but shipping was set at $39.

I sent an E-mail asking for adjustment...no reply.

Today (Sunday) I sent another asking them to adjust the shipping cost or cancel my order. I got back an email stating "Your order is canceled. Please never order from us again. Good luck ordering from"...(another seller at the same price and also with $39 shipping.) I think he was trying to get thru the weekend and ship Monday so he could say 'Sorry, I already shipped it out.'

Prices are good but not at the risk of having something go wrong and have to deal with "customer service". :notnice: :nono:

GREG

what a joke! based on what I have heard I will never do business with a "company" that send a customer a message like the one you got. Wow!:notnice:

Yep, I bought from them couple years ago and it took them 2 weeks to ship VIA USPS for one lousy Ford emblem for my hatch. I e-mailed them and asked where my stuff was figuring it would have taken a week to ship at least and I never got a response. I would not order from them again, period.

LOL another blue oval post. I have read so many of these, it's sad really. They have decent prices on somethings but the customer service is the pits. I was shocked when the guy actually yeld at me about a missing part from my order, it took forever to fix and alot of rude phone calls. To me there are better mustang part sources out there. Blue Oval Industries :notnice:.

+1. I remember when John was on this forum bashing customers before. I am going to try to find that thread.

Honestly the customer service is horrible! I had dealt with them twice and they were fine, then I ordered a set of headlights for a friend and they had a corner chipped out. I was all but cussed out over the phone. Emails went unanswered. I never ordered again. 5.0resto is always the better option.