Body lean - Anyone have a definitive cause / fix?

Zero_chance

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
Maricopa, AZ
So today I confirmed what I already knew just by looking at the car.. the drivers side sits a half inch lower than the passenger. Ive done a little research but havent been exactly satisfied with the info Ive found. Some say springs, some say control arms / bushings, others have said bodys tweaked. Im pretty certain the bodys not tweaked. Springs could be worn out but why just the drivers side? Ive read on other forums and some on here about people that have replaced springs, struts, and control arms and still had the lean. My main concern is that if it isnt in the springs that when I lower the car this spring, itll look really dumb with one side a half inch lower than the other. Anyone have similar problems? A fix perhaps?

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe the springs are not seated right. Mine was like this on the right rear and the spring was not seated right.

Good point...if not postioned correctly it could be a cause... Have they been removed??

I'm right in N.H. I have my stocks springs with 40k on em a set of Macs and a some Steeda's I think.. need something give me a shout...:nice:
I have quite a stash of parts I tried out..

10689.jpg

I currently have the same problem with my passenger side rear. I just had upper and lower control arms put in and still the same thing. I am not sure, I hope my body is not tweaked. My car was hit on the passenger side once before..

Also check the rear springs. The bottom end of the springs MUST be pointing the same direction, or your 'Stang will not be level. Usually, the bottom of the spring will be pointing towards the driver's side of the car.

I know the springs havent been removed or toyed with since I bought it but that was only 8 months ago. Cant speak about before that. Next time I have it up on the lift Ill definitely have to check the locations of the spring ears and see what way theyre facing. You look like you have a nice work area Rio. Thats the one thing Im lacking. I can use my lift at work but thats only a few hours at a time. Did you say you have extra springs? Wasnt sure if thats what you were eluding too.