Bone stock 94 GT upgrade questions

efimav

Jan 11, 2003
Bone stock 94 GT. There is conflicting info everywhere you look. OK, I'll be doing the GT40P heads and intake upgrade along with an XE264 cam. Specs on the cam are 114LSA, about 215 duration at 50 and 512 lift. The LSA and duration are very similar to the stock cam. I have upgraded springs for the cam. My question, do I need to upgrade to 24lb injectors and MAF? If yes, will the OBD system work with the 24lb upgrade without modification?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not necessary. The stock 94' MAF isn't a huge flow restriction. It's the 89'-93' MAFs that were like a soda straw. 19lb/hr injectors should support the power. If it's an issue afterwards, you can always swap the MAF and injectors later.

Kurt

Agreed. 19s will get you a great cruiser. If you are planning prolonged high RPM (constant 5000+ RPM) runs, then you may run out of duty cycle on the 19s, but for short blasts you will be fine.

Also - injector information is stored in the ECU, they are not 'matched' to the MAF like in the old A9's. Swap to whatever injector you want, but correct for it in the tune. MAF swapping without correction for new MAF curve will be all kinds of headaches.

Also - injector information is stored in the ECU, they are not 'matched' to the MAF like in the old A9's. Swap to whatever injector you want, but correct for it in the tune. MAF swapping without correction for new MAF curve will be all kinds of headaches.
SNs have been around for awhile. We were swapping meters calibrated for the injectors just like with the A9s back when tunes were scarce. It works.

Kurt

You will likely have drivability issues that will be nagging without tuning. The 95/95 computer is more sensitive to changes than the A9L/P ECUs. A simple Moates QH Tune can make the car much more enjoyable. You can also do a MSPNP2 but if you don't need the features it's just more cost.

You will likely have drivability issues that will be nagging without tuning. The 95/95 computer is more sensitive to changes than the A9L/P ECUs. A simple Moates QH Tune can make the car much more enjoyable. You can also do a MSPNP2 but if you don't need the features it's just more cost.
lt'll probably be ok with that cam.

Kurt