boneyard-near miss, DAMN!

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I'm on a list to get notified when cars I want stuff from get put out on the yard. This 93 vert became available this morning. I got there as quick as I could which was about 1:30 pm. Too late! The first three pics show what became available at 8am. The 4th and 5th pic show what was left when I arrived at 1:30. I wanted the trunk lid but I was too late. There were two guys still stripping it when I got there. According to them, there was a ton of good stuff on it. It's a wonder how this thing even made it here. Could have been parted out for some decent money.

1205-71131-18245080.jpeg
1205-71131-18245101.jpeg
1205-71131-18245103.jpeg
IMG_7828.jpg
IMG_7829.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That would have been a good trunk lid with no luggage rack. Bone yard makes the money on that. Whats up with the rims, and who sends a car like that to the junk yard.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude that was there just got done taking an 8.8 rear out of it. It was not the run of the mill 8.8 either. Some kind of beefed up aftermarket with beefy axles , studs and special aluminum cover. Was a huge score for him. Wheels had Hoosier tires and they were decent. Coil overs in the front, also nabbed by the dude who beat me there. Interior was not bad at all but also gutted by the time I got there.

I too am really surprised this car got junked. Maybe someone got in a bad way somehow and couldn't rescue the car from property that when into foreclosure or something. Then the bank just scrapped everything. Just a guess but something that I could imagine

Dang that thing looked pretty clean to give away to a pick and pull. I would have tried to buy the whole car if I was one that got there early on. Sad that car could have cleaned up nice.

Apparently the car started life as a 4 cyl then was converted to 8. Before winding up in the boneyard it was converted back to 4, although some of the “good stuff” still remained on the car.

The 4cyl that was in it looked more modern than what I’m used to seeing in Foxbody Mustangs. I didn’t get a pic of it but it had two plugs per cylinder, one on each side of the head for each cylinder . Serpentine belt system and a metal cover over the timing belt. Anyone have an idea what this motor might have been?