Borla ProXS mufflers installed...with video

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
Well I finally have the exhaust I have wanted, these things sound so good and smooth it's not even funny, very mild at idle and have a very good growl while driving with not even a hint of drone, seriously I almost went back to magnaflow but im glad I didnt, these are straight through but dont have the weird tone that magnaflows have, very deep and smooth is the only way I can describe them plus im not scared of the cops anymore even with no cats

th_BorlaProXSMufflerson331.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I like the way it sounds. I have pretty much the same combo as you, but still have Flowmasters on the car. I prefer the sound of yours, and with no drone to boot. Nice car.

I like the way it sounds. I have pretty much the same combo as you, but still have Flowmasters on the car. I prefer the sound of yours, and with no drone to boot. Nice car.

Thank you, let me tell you that they are well worth the money (only 70.00 a peice on some site called trickynickyexhaust) and they are stainless, trust me they are way better than the magnaflows i've had before, tone and look wise, it's so quiet inside during the 2k plus RPM range that I thougt I wa driving a stocker.:eek:

They don't sound bad, but to me they sound a little plain. I dunno, personally I just prefer a little more rasp or bark when you stomp on the go pedal, but that's just me. :shrug:

They sound a lot like the Hooker Maximum Flow mufflers I had on my '94 Crown Vic, although I had the stock cats in place on that car - deep and burbly, had a smooth but not obnoxiously loud roar to 'em at WOT. Sometimes it's nice not to have the overly loud "look at me" sound all the time on a car, especially if you do a lot of street driving in the car and it's not a track-only or mostly-track beast. I know that if I had the same mufflers that I have in my notch (Pypes Violators) hooked up in my hatch, I'd probably hate DD'ing the thing after awhile.

They don't sound bad, but to me they sound a little plain. I dunno, personally I just prefer a little more rasp or bark when you stomp on the go pedal, but that's just me. :shrug:

They sound a lot like the Hooker Maximum Flow mufflers I had on my '94 Crown Vic, although I had the stock cats in place on that car - deep and burbly, had a smooth but not obnoxiously loud roar to 'em at WOT. Sometimes it's nice not to have the overly loud "look at me" sound all the time on a car, especially if you do a lot of street driving in the car and it's not a track-only or mostly-track beast. I know that if I had the same mufflers that I have in my notch (Pypes Violators) hooked up in my hatch, I'd probably hate DD'ing the thing after awhile.

LOL I should have put hookers on so I could say I've got hookers :) I drive 100+ miles a day on this car so the built motor and the bassanis made it very unpleasant while crusing that far especialy at 4 a.m when im not fully awake yet :) if this wasnt my DD I would have bought the Borla XR-1's But i wanted to keep the performance and quiet it down inside and this really solved everything.

Sounds really nice from a tone aspect but not aggressive enough for me. Is that with an H or X? Cats or no cats? Those are something i would maybe run on a daily driver where i wanted it to be more quiet and low key, but for my "toy" car they're not quite enough. They kinda remind me of 3 chamber Flows only with less chambered sound. I think for the price i'd personally have to pass, but they do sound very good. Can you get a video of the car in motion/under load? That usually tells a much different story than idle/rev clips. I really don't care for my Magnaflows at an idle so if i went solely by that i wouldn't want them, but once you start driving it all changes.

Sounds really nice from a tone aspect but not aggressive enough for me. Is that with an H or X? Cats or no cats? Those are something i would maybe run on a daily driver where i wanted it to be more quiet and low key, but for my "toy" car they're not quite enough. They kinda remind me of 3 chamber Flows only with less chambered sound. I think for the price i'd personally have to pass, but they do sound very good. Can you get a video of the car in motion/under load? That usually tells a much different story than idle/rev clips. I really don't care for my Magnaflows at an idle so if i went solely by that i wouldn't want them, but once you start driving it all changes.

This is my DD which is why I wanted a quieter exhaust. I have Longtubes, BBK off-road x-pipe with the mods in sig, that was the main thing, after I built the motor it made the car LOUD with the bassanis for DD'ing but this made it perfect to keep the performance, my ears from ringing and talk on the phone. I will make a better vid this weekend, they dont souns as quiet as you think under load.