BOSS 302 - How could you let it get like this?

hungrymonkey said:
I do not believe that the boss cars held much value during the late 70's and through the 80's.
If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion today:rlaugh: And that ebay "Boss" wouldn't be in the shape it's in now ( more'n likely:D ) Personally, to me that car's not worth spit in the shape it's in, and I and 90% of the rest of us don't have 25K to sink into it to bring it back to life.:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

D.Hearne said:
If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion today:rlaugh: And that ebay "Boss" wouldn't be in the shape it's in now ( more'n likely:D ) Personally, to me that car's not worth spit in the shape it's in, and I and 90% of the rest of us don't have 25K to sink into it to bring it back to life.:notnice:
yup.

the ending price was $15,000 and the reserve was not met.

Thats alot of money for some numbers and a whole lot of worn out parts.

hungrymonkey said:
yup.

the ending price was $15,000 and the reserve was not met.

Thats alot of money for some numbers and a whole lot of worn out parts.
$15,000 and he turned it down? Both the high bidder and the seller must be on crack :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a deal was struck on the side to avoid paying ebay their fees :rolleyes:

Just to show you how much of a bull****ter the seller is, go thru and read his terms and conditions then look at the bidding history. :D One of the two last bidders only had two positive feedbacks in his rating. According to the seller's terms, he should have dumped this guy's bids, and concentrated on the guys with more feedback. But he didn't do it.:rolleyes: I wonder why?:D

strange65 said:
Anyone catch the part about 4 gals of gas on the marti report?
At a cost of $1.33.
See how times have changed ? My new 06 GT Stang came with a full tank of gas:D ( dealer filled it to somewhat compensate for the 6 month wait and trouble I went thru:D ) Handles better than a Boss, and is as fast as the Boss's were. Sure, the price is about five times what a Boss sold for new, but from driving the old ones and now a new one, the new one's ,hands down. Wonder what it'll be worth in thirty five years? :shrug:

[QUOTE
Should not be an original "N" case with 3.50 gears, only Drag-Pack, which this is not. [/QUOTE]
Your info is incorrect on 2 facts in above statement.

Incorrect statement 1. "Should not be an original "N" case with 3.50 gears. BOSS 302's had N case regardless of rear end ratio.

Incorrect statement 2. "Only Drag pack" There is no such thing as a BOSS 302 Mustang Drag pack. None were ever built.

Goldenboss said:
Your info is incorrect on 2 facts in above statement.

Incorrect statement 1. "Should not be an original "N" case with 3.50 gears. BOSS 302's had N case regardless of rear end ratio.

Incorrect statement 2. "Only Drag pack" There is no such thing as a BOSS 302 Mustang Drag pack. None were ever built.

i would like to see where you got your info on the no drag pak bosses.

Yes, we've seen this car before. Apparently it didn't sell last time.

This is fishy to say the least. Undercarrige rot like that doesn't happen while sitting in a field. Especially if it's only got 30,000 original miles and 4 years of driving under it's belt.

DRAG PAC BOSS 302

bnickel said:

Just the mention of a BOSS 302 DRAG PAC on the BOSS 302 website will cause some folks to question your mothers pedigree. Appearently Ford never used the term DRAG PAC when ordering a BOSS 302. Therefore the term has never surfaced on a Marti report. So to keep some of the purists from having a kiniption when discussing the drag pack option on a BOSS 302, folks have resorted to calling them oil cooler cars. It is ridiculous but helps keep the peace!

70_Nitrous_Eater said:
Undercarrige rot like that doesn't happen while sitting in a field. Especially if it's only got 30,000 original miles and 4 years of driving under it's belt.
Oh, yea? Come on down here and I can show you PLENTY of cars in fields that have similar or worse rot.:D :D :D Get a few hundred "critters" setting up house (crapping, pissing, storing food, nesting material, dead critters, chewing on the soft parts, then add moisture from hundreds of weather events) in one over the course of twenty+ years, and you get rot.

bnickel said:

The Drag pack/pak "Option" was not available on the BOSS 302 Mustang. No one has been able to produce a invoice of a BOSS 302 Mustang with the option of Drag pak listed on it. That being said I don't dispute that there were BOSS 302 Mustangs that had the oil cooler. I know 2 guys who both had oil coolers but there was nothing on the invoice saying it was a Drag pak.

As KMCBOSS said in his post, mention the words drag pak with the BOSS 302 on the BOSS 302 website and watch all since of normal conversation go out the door.

Goldenboss said:
The Drag pack/pak "Option" was not available on the BOSS 302 Mustang. No one has been able to produce a invoice of a BOSS 302 Mustang with the option of Drag pak listed on it. That being said I don't dispute that there were BOSS 302 Mustangs that had the oil cooler. I know 2 guys who both had oil coolers but there was nothing on the invoice saying it was a Drag pak.

As KMCBOSS said in his post, mention the words drag pak with the BOSS 302 on the BOSS 302 website and watch all since of normal conversation go out the door.

ok so it was an option that wasn't really an option. i don't care if it says "drag pak" or not it's the same damn option just without the fancy name. ok, so i was wrong and there was no "official" drag pak option but you can't tell me that this no name option is not the same exact same thing as the drag pak option. i don't want to argue so from now on i'll just call it "the boss 302's with no-name option that is identical to the drag pak option except with no name". how's that?

D.Hearne said:
Oh, yea? Come on down here and I can show you PLENTY of cars in fields that have similar or worse rot.:D :D :D Get a few hundred "critters" setting up house (crapping, pissing, storing food, nesting material, dead critters, chewing on the soft parts, then add moisture from hundreds of weather events) in one over the course of twenty+ years, and you get rot.

Show me undercarrige rot that bad on a car with less than 30,000 original miles and I will eat my hat.

Seriously... that's worse rot than my 70 had. Except my 70 had 75,000 miles on it and spent the last 15 years battleing Canadian winters.

In a car that has sat outside it's whole life, the interior will be shot along with most of the body panels and even the floorboards sometimes(if the roof/window/cowl has been leaky). But you won't see the frame rotted out like that unless it was set down on the ground with no wheels or something similar. Now that I think about it... that's probably what happened. The add says the original wheels are missing. I wonder if someone took the wheels off and then just set the car down on the gound to rot for a couple of decades.

bnickel said:
ok so it was an option that wasn't really an option. i don't care if it says "drag pak" or not it's the same damn option just without the fancy name. ok, so i was wrong and there was no "official" drag pak option but you can't tell me that this no name option is not the same exact same thing as the drag pak option. i don't want to argue so from now on i'll just call it "the boss 302's with no-name option that is identical to the drag pak option except with no name". how's that?

I'm not trying to argue (kind of hard to argue over a computer, no matter how hard I hit the keys its not like you can feel it on your end anyway) I was just trying to set the record straight. What makes the subject even more messy is that you could order a BOSS Cougar and get oil cooler as a option listed on the invoice as Darg pak. One other thing to remember is the Drag pak or Super Drag pak option on Mach 1's also included a different crank and rods plus I think one other thing that I can't think of.