Bought a Mustang FINALLY

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
Well many of you know that I have been looking for a Mustang for a long time. About three years:eek: As you can see I have been a member of stangnet since 2004 and never owned a stang:D Well im sure many of you have seen my other thread about the 89 GT that the guy was trying to screw me on:mad: Well now I dont have to buy that car unless he want to sell it for $1500:D Today my dad was on his way home from work when he called me and said he is going to look at a Mustang that is on the side of the road. He:D said there were some people looking at it though and he would wate. He calls me back about five minutes later and tells me its a 96 gt and then put the guy on the phone. The guy tells me what is done to it. There was a decent list of things done to it but all good stuff. Well I just happen to be heading to work and I told the guy I would stop by and look at the car tomorrow(Sunday) or Monday he says that is good and that it will be out all weekend. My dad gets back on the phone and says you need to come now because it will be gone by tomorrow. So I had to call work and tell them I have an emergency:D and I will be late. Well long story short(king of:rolleyes: ) I get down there we test drive it and im picking it up tomorrow:D The car has 116K miles on it, but has been takin care of. I am getting it for $5500 he was asking $6000. I didnt want to try to talk him down any lower because I think I am getting a good deal already and dont mind paying the money. It is dark purple with black leather interior. It has a H pipe which makes it sound really nice, its lowered down about an inch. I will be sure to post the full list of mods when I buy the car tomorrow. I will also post pics because I know :worthlesb lol. Overall I am very excited but I do know this year Mustang is the slowest of the bunch but that just means it may need a supercharger:D I am sorry it isnt a 5.0 fox but that doesnt mean I cant get another Mustang when I can save up some more money, can never have enough Mustangs:SNSign: Sorry for the long post but this is something I have been waiting THREE years for:eek:

Best thing is I havent told any of my friends or my girlfriend yet. I still have them convinced I am getting the 89 gt that the guy is trying to screw me on. It was so hard not to tell them lol.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought of some more of the upgrades it has a intake, 4.10's which should wake this car up some, mac exhaust.

I just wanted to say that it really is true that good things come to people who wate. I also think this car was like fate or something because if that guy wouldnt have been a dick about his 89 I would be driving that which needed alot of work and would have been paying more for it. The guy is a member of stangnet he has a fox body that runs like 8 1/2 in the 1/4 mile:eek: He seems like a really cool guy so I feel good about my impulse buy, I looked at the car for about a half hour:D He is going to show me his fox tomorrow when I pick up the car that should be cool.

here is a link to a post about the car

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=795154

Thanks alot I thought it was a pretty good deal too thats why I jumped on it. I am too excited to sleep:D kinda sucks I have to be at work in 4 hours and I just got off of work 3 1/2 hours ago but no sleep:rolleyes:

Well its mine:D I drove it a few times around the block today but I dont have insurance yet or plates so I cant take it out on the main roads. This is a really fun car to drive with the King Cobra clutch and 4.10 gears with the shorty shifter. It pulls very hard:SNSign:

I should be able to get them tomorrow. We are getting a new memory card for our digital camera in the morning. I need to wash and wax the car when I get a chance. I love the mach speakers with the Alpine head unit the car has. it is super loud.

congrats i know the feeling... when i first got on this site... it was a couple weeks before i got my fox... im glad i found mine in a month and not years... but only thing i regret about it is the AOD... i mean it isnt bad but i would never own another.... but it was too good to pass up! Fox is something i always wanted and i jumped on it!

heres an artists rendition burnout pic

8500_1024.ts1148937192329.jpg

Sorry guys I dont have a usb cable to hook up to the computer from the camera and my lab top is old and doesnt have the memory chip slot:nonono: You guys will have to wait till tomorrow. I did take the pics and took alot. What site should I use to host them?