Bought another Mustang-68 Fastback GT- pic inside

View attachment 457436

It is an original GT- came with Marti report-

car runs and drives- no rust anywhere- body is very straight except for one quarter which was replaced badly- easy fix though-

car has
J code
upper/lower counsels
8000RPM tach
rear defroster -it actually still works!
A/C-blows hot air
fold down rear seat
ps/p front disck brakes

I picked it up for $15,000 and took it straight to the paint shop-

Im going white (original color) car has red interior-

Im thinking slight drop with some nice wheels and otherwise leaving it all original-

I think I got a good deal?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ill get some more pics- engine is all stock numbers matching...but Im also thinking crate motor as well and put the original motor in storage- the motor runs good but could use a carb rebuild as it is fussy when its cold-

The interior is a little rough- needs carpet, headliner, and seat covers- but everything is there- its not torn to shreds or anything, but could use freshening-

(and of course Im going to add Magnaflow exhaust..lol)

I also found a 67 fastback (no GT) with a really bad paint job(one day paint-didnt even fix the dings)), but alot better interior, front disc brakes, 17" Bullitt wheels and a 5 speed for $20,000- but I thought this was a better deal-

Great car!

I still can't reconcile todays values in my mind though. 20 years ago a walked away from the same car that was 390 equipped for $6000. Instead I got a 69 Mach with 428CJ-4speed for $4500