Brakes Brake distribution valve question

Thanks 85GTstangguy..... That must be the valve I see everywhere.... That is pretty interesting on the Capri fit..
Wouldn't the 79-86 Capri be built on the Fox mustang chassis????
That is an EXACT picture of my Proportioning Valve.... If I had to put some adapters in all of the connection ports that should not be a big deal..
I might order that.....

To update my situation, I found an 84 parts car, so I have another valve, in case I ruin one now, I as least have a fall back... And it actually came with the Curly Que " brake lines to the MC, so I can use them or at least see if these will now fit my car with the new booster...
3/8-24 grease zerks came in the mail yesterday, so I will install this with all of my plugs and see if I can push out the piston with my grease gun....
I would love to be able to install one of these Correct PV's in my car and move forward......

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks 85GTstangguy..... That must be the valve I see everywhere.... That is pretty interesting on the Capri fit..
Wouldn't the 79-86 Capri be built on the Fox mustang chassis????
That is an EXACT picture of my Proportioning Valve.... If I had to put some adapters in all of the connection ports that should not be a big deal..
I might order that.....

To update my situation, I found an 84 parts car, so I have another valve, in case I ruin one now, I as least have a fall back... And it actually came with the Curly Que " brake lines to the MC, so I can use them or at least see if these will now fit my car with the new booster...
3/8-24 grease zerks came in the mail yesterday, so I will install this with all of my plugs and see if I can push out the piston with my grease gun....
I would love to be able to install one of these Correct PV's in my car and move forward......
Yw.
Yes, it's on the same chassis.
That's great that you found the curly-cues. I'd think they'd "bolt" right up without any revisions needed (cause don't you have the newer (fatter) booster already?).
Nice find on the parts car. Did you buy it? or just find it in a junkyard and can scavenge off it when you need to?

I figured it out.. The install bracket is reversed on the PV shown from whats on my car....
Read the description... the last sentence... it refers to the bracket coming on either side. Hopefully you get one with it on the correct side.... if not, I'm sure it could be made to work by somehow affixing the bracket (or another fabricated bracket) to the other side (jb weld?).

Found the NEW used one at a wrecking yard.... Good news, it came apart.... Now I can use the rebuild kit on it and start to move forward again..
I have the parts soaking in some ATF and I will clean em tomorrow....

Read the description... the last sentence... it refers to the bracket coming on either side. Hopefully you get one with it on the correct side.... if not, I'm sure it could be made to work by somehow affixing the bracket (or another fabricated bracket) to the other side (jb weld?).
I will look at that again... I had my valve held up to the screen while looking at it and it looked to me like it would still be pointing in the wrong direction on the other side.....
I found this on EBAY and it even had what the thread counts were.....
Looked like the only thing to change is getting a 7/16-20 M to a 3/8-24 F adapter on the bottom port..
OR take out the brake line and cut and reflare it with the correct connector....
At this point it looks like my new/old valve is going to work....

Another option was buying an 87-93 valve and some new lines to fit it.....
Here is the EBAY valve...

I think it will work but I would want to confirm brake line sizes. These are the brake line sizes according to NPD:

2B091-20AA Ford Style Proportioning Valve Port Sizes.jpg

Searched through a lot of trash and found that the 79-93 cars all have the same brake line fittings sizes on the brake pressure control valve which are what is above. If you are concerned with brake bias then gut the proportioning side of the combination valve (left end of the above picture) and install a manual proportioning valve which will solve that problem.

Just to be clear this block is a brake pressure control valve as it houses a shuttle valve (behind the outlet to front brake at the rear of the block) and the proportioning valve (behind the plug on the left of the block).

Cut away view of the brake pressure control valve:

Proportioning Valve.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
The only difference I can see is the " Outlet to rear brake" on mine is 3/8-24....
The Shuttle valve is the one piston I cannot get out of my original...
The new/old one I found at a wrecking yard ( from an 84 ) did come apart.. So far it looks like it is in good shape.....

Isn’t that what I posted?
no, what 85GTMustang said...
Before I got my new/old valve, I looked around for a 7/16-20 M to a 3/8-24 F adaptor and only found one steel one... Seems as if everything for these P valves is difficult to find....
If I find some energy today, maybe I can clean and reassemble the new/old P valve with the new oring kit... Pretty sad how removing those 95 spindles at the wrecking yard yesterday whipped this old mans butt.......

I was referring to the one sold on NPD. According to the literature that comes with it the TPI is 24.
Your post, #47 shows a proportioning valve from NPD...
The bottom opening, which says " outlet to rear brakes" is marked 7/16-20......
Not trying to be anal here but more wondering what I am missing??

Not being anal at. It happens to be I was suffering from a mild case dumbassery. Kept looking at the 3/8-24 and choosing to ignore and over ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user