Brake Fluid AMSOIL

perton

Jun 1, 2023
I need some good advice... thinking about changing the brake fluid on my 2008 Mustang. The car needs DOT 3 .. is AMSOIL Brake Fluid an option? It says Dot 3 /4, and I am unsure if this stuff
will work well. In the past, I had some issues with DOT 4 in US Cars... the DOT 4 seems more aggressive.

Any Ideas?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

• Sponsors (?)

I need some good advice... thinking about changing the brake fluid on my 2008 Mustang. The car needs DOT 3 .. is AMSOIL Brake Fluid an option? It says Dot 3 /4, and I am unsure if this stuff
will work well. In the past, I had some issues with DOT 4 in US Cars... the DOT 4 seems more aggressive.

Any Ideas?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Is DOT 3 not available where you are?

You really should [not] substitute one brake fluid for another.

I'm not certain about the AMSOIL question but somebody here should know. Welcome aboard and good luck! :nice:

Dot 4 can be substituted for Dot 3. They are both glycol based and the only difference is Dot 4 has a higher wet and dry boiling point than Dot 3. They can be mixed.

Dot 4 shouldn't change any performance characteristics of the brakes. Not sure what exactly is meant by "aggressive".

I've always run this in all my cars, unless a particular brake fluid is specified (like Motorcraft Low Viscosity brake fluid for Torque Vectoring vehicles)
1686665381125.png