Brake lights not working, please read

Praetor

Jun 27, 2006
All electrical is working fine...bulbs/wiring/relay/etc. Reverse and rear lights are working fine. The car has a hydroboost setup on it that was installed by the previous owner, other than what it's supposed to do I don't know anything about it or whether it could be affecting the mechanical side of the brake lights functioning (as in pedal activating the brake light switch). Now, I can activate the brake light switch by hand, and the lights work fine, but the pedal does not activate the switch. This being my first 5.0 and being new to the car, I really don't know what to look for other than what I've already checked out. How does the pedal activate the switch/lights normally? What's the physical mechanism of it, and could the hydroboost setup be affecting it?

Thanks for any and all input,

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

If you can use the brake light switch to turn the brake lights on, it sounds like you simply need to adjust the switch.

Good luck.

I can't seem to envision the actual mechanics of how the switch is supposed to be activated, so maybe someone can explain it to me...The switch activates (manually) by pushing up on it, toward the roof of the car. The pedal when depressed obviously goes forward. How, under normal circumstances, does the pedal activate the switch? I know this seems like a dumb question, but like I said, I can't seem to grasp how under normal conditions the switch is supposed to be flipped.