brakes squeak

Meat496

Dec 9, 2004
Pesky brake squeak on my GT any one else expeirence this, Shes got 6000 miles on her but its been very common since day one. it seems like its coming from the rears.

the brake pads are fine. just seems like excess brake dust or something.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Meat496 said:
Pesky brake squeak on my GT any one else expeirence this, Shes got 6000 miles on her but its been very common since day one. it seems like its coming from the rears.

the brake pads are fine. just seems like excess brake dust or something.

thanks

yeah, mine are the same. nothing seems to be wrong with them, but they've been doing it since day 1. i've only got about 1200 miles on it.

My brakes squeak also on my 05 V6. Started happening around 2 weeks after i got it, everything seems to check out fine although. It doesn't squeek everytime I brake but it does occationally. It's not so loud and horrid, so i can live with it.

Yep I've got that too. The squeal on mine seems to be coming from the front left wheel. I took it to the dealer and had them inspect it, they said it was fine, and should go away soon. It's got about 1800 miles on it now and is still squealing (although not terribly loud), and has done it since day 1.

Same here, been squealing like a pig since I took delivery. Can now has 6000, dealer mentioned some revised pads for the mustangs and some of the trucks. Sill waiting for those parts as well as the parts for the front end clunck and a new shaker 1000 due to cd skips. If anyone sees a tsb on the brakes please post. Thanks

Has anyone changed pads from stock? I know when I put Hawk HP+ pads on my car for autocross, I STARTED getting significant squeel, but I was expecting that with an agreessive pad.

Maybe a mild street pad from a performance company like Hawk, EBC, or Performance Friction would help with the noise, granted a new car shouldn't squeel like this at all.

just my .02

'05 V6 with the squeak...

At 2000 miles, I went to the dealer about the brakes and other things - they said something to the effect of "the brake pads are composite pads, which means they have little pieces of metal in them, and the ones on your car have bigger pieces of metal than they should." They replaced the pads, and I made it almost all the way home (5 miles-ish) before they started squeaking again. :rolleyes:

They also replaced my gas tank because of the filler problem - the new tank was fine the first time I filled it, but today I had the problem again. Oh, and I have a new Shaker 500 on order. *sigh*

It's still a heck of a lot more fun than anything I've owned before :D

Nothing is wrong with your brakes. Squeaks come and go. I used to be a technician at Midas and have done countless brake jobs. It doesn't matter whether the pads are aftermarket or OEM, plenty of times the will squeak or squeal when brand new. If it really annoys you, get some ceramic pads. They are the quietest. If you went to your dealership and whined enough maybe they would throw some ceramic pads in for you.