Break In - 347 - Instructions???? Etc.

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi, so I am going to be getting my completed 347 project from the shop next week.... excited... I still have some work to do on it... intake, fuel rails, injectors, etc.. I am going to set the timing to the base 10 degree's to start... and just wondering what the fuel pressure should be set at.... I am getting a fuel rail kit with regulator... other than that... just wondering once I feel like I've got everything together and set right.... and feel ready to go.... anyone have any break in advice..... I think it will likely run pretty rough at the start.... just until the computer re-learns everything.... anyone have experience with this... I'm excited about it!!

• Sponsors (?)

that sounds safe too!!!! 12 degrees seems reasonable.. I think I would just end up advancing it anyways so 12 definitely sounds like a good starting point... so 40. Did you have any trouble getting it going .... I have to go through my pics from when I pulled the engine.... just to make sure I don't miss anything... for some reason I can't remember off hand where the pcv valve goes... is it right off the block??

My stroker from fordstrokers.com will be here tomorrow as well. Im going to start off with 15-16 degrees timing. You arent going to hurt anything unless you got the right stuff in there. Put a magnet on the outside of your oil filter during the first couple hundred miles and change the oil every couple hundred miles a few times. Other than that you should be good to go. The pcv valve goes into the back of your lower intake.

Post up some info on your motor dude. Heads? Compression? intake, Cam? Injectors? fuel pump?

I ordered my stroker kit from fordstrokers aswell...

Stroker Kit - 347 Street Fighter Kit -

3.400 Probe Cast Steel Crank

5.315 Probe I Beam rods

Probe SRS 2618 Forged Flat Top TFS 4.030

Clevite77 Main Bearings

Clevite77 Rod Bearings

Perfect Circle Moly Rings

So with that I picked up a pioneer balancer sfi, and aluminum fidanza flywheel, main stud girdle, trick flow street cylinder heads, canton 7qt oil pan and pickup, stainless 1.6 roller rockers with tfs rocker stud girdle, tall tfs valve covers, a crane cam powermax 2030 camshaft, and that's about it, I have to have an emissions so have to keep it within those boundaries when choosing a intake, thinking of the trick flow street intake for now, and seeing how close I am with emissions, if I pass with flying colors, I will consider changing it to see what effect is has, unless anyone has any other opinions on this, going with 24 lbs injectors, with 24lbs calibrated mass air meter. I think I will have to put a 1 inch spacer on the intake to clear the taller valve covers, and I am planning on replacing my hood anyways... I still need to purchase the intake, and water pump, my tfs timing set didn't come with a cover so debating on using the stock one depending on the condition, will probably just sand blast the cover with a fine sand that doesn't dig in and then just have it powder coated or something...

I am really excited to get the engine back!!! I have a stand and engine puller so I am just doing the finishing touches myself like the intake, rails, and stuff... so that will be fun!! I don't like having money into and it just sitting in the machine shop, so excited to get it back!!

I had to put a space on my trick flow stuff when i did my h/c/i ONLY becuase of my fuel pressure regulator i bought. other than that, you wont need a spacer. here is what my setup looked like after the install WITHOUT the spacer. And if you do use a spacer, you might a taller hood becuase when i closed my hood for the first time, my throttle body vent put i small pop knot in the hood. But as you can see, there is plenty of room without a spacer
2007_051900010.jpg

Attachments

• 2007_051900010.jpg
    2007_051900010.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69