Engine Bringing Charcoal Canister Back, Need Help

silverlx50

15 Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
I'm reinstalling a new charcoal canister, purge solenoid, harness and vacuum lines on the car that were taken off and trashed nearly 20 years ago.

I bought new stuff from LMR. I have the canister on and know the two large nipples are vents, the small nipple is where the gas tank vent hose goes. The last nipple is where the hose from the purge solenoid goes. Now, the other nipple from the solenoid is where the intake vacuum line goes, my question is, can I run that vacuum line from the purge solenoid to the intake here on the capped off connect?

LMR sent this stuff and I'm not sure I need all of it for this...

Attachments

• 15966776503625511174530679791010.jpg
    15966776503625511174530679791010.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 20200805_191752.jpg
    20200805_191752.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 20200805_191755.jpg
    20200805_191755.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Sponsors (?)

That nipple is kind of small. On my systemax intake there is a plug on the front side of that same part of the intake. Its standard 3/8 NPT thread. I think I use a 3/8 nipple screwed in that spot for my pcv. ( now... I actually use an adapter and -06 AN lines from catch can ).

You don't want to " T " into the brake booster hose...not sure about tapping the pcv line either. I believe that the port was dedicated to the canister on factory cars.

I wish Holley would've added another decent sized port.

A actually know very little about how much vacuum drops when the solenoid is open pulling vapors from the canister.

That port should be fine as long as it’s dedicated. Front, back...doesn’t matter.

your fuel pressure regulator has a Tee in it as well. Where does the other end go to? You typically want a dedicated line for the FPR with no taps

That nipple is kind of small. On my systemax intake there is a plug on the front side of that same part of the intake. Its standard 3/8 NPT thread. I think I use a 3/8 nipple screwed in that spot for my pcv. ( now... I actually use an adapter and -06 AN lines from catch can ).

You don't want to " T " into the brake booster hose...not sure about tapping the pcv line either. I believe that the port was dedicated to the canister on factory cars.

I wish Holley would've added another decent sized port.

A actually know very little about how much vacuum drops when the solenoid is open pulling vapors from the canister.
The front nipple, I use my catch can from there too.

Reactions: 1 user
That port should be fine as long as it’s dedicated. Front, back...doesn’t matter.

your fuel pressure regulator has a Tee in it as well. Where does the other end go to? You typically want a dedicated line for the FPR with no taps

Thanks, I'll run it to that rear nipple.

The FPR is tee'd off and runs to the Vortech Bypass Valve.