buddy of mine just got his car painted. *pics*

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i think it looks great for a maaco paint job. i still hate single stage paint though. :notnice: it's 03/04 torch red. i painted and pinstriped those cobra tails for him while it was getting painted. i think they look WAY better than the LX tail lights.

DSCF0718.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

DSCF0721.jpg

DSCF0722.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0718.jpg
    DSCF0718.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0719.jpg
    DSCF0719.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0721.jpg
    DSCF0721.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF0722.jpg
    DSCF0722.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Sponsors (?)

I think it actually looks real good. I am also in the market for a cheapo paint job just to get me through the next couple years. Do you happen to know how much he paid to get that done? Did he do all or any of the prep work himself? Thanks

Wow not bad I'm pretty weary of those places but 450 is a nice number for a whole car. Did he prep the car before he took it in? I'm just curious pics make it hard to tell for overspray if it has any. And how many coats of clear just one?

When its a single stage the clear is mixed in the paint, not sprayed over top of the paint.. The major dissadvantage to single stage...:notnice:

Nice car, but i completely disagree on the tail lights.(Not knocking your pin stripping though cause it looks like you did a good job). First those tail lights only look good on cobras, or gt's with a cobra rear bumper. And second, those taillights dont' fit "correctly." They dont' sit flush with the car. They are also skinnier then LX tail lights so they looked "sucked in." But sweet car.

450 huh? thats really not a bad price at all...Im trying to find a local place that can do my car for around 500. I really dont care if its single stage or not. The cars came stock with single stage until 92 so i dont see the need to spend a bunch of extra money on two stage when i will be driving the car daily! I just need something to get the car covered up and looking consistent! Did he do all the prep before he brought it to maaco?! Thanks for the info, i appreciate it!

yeah i think he paid like 500ish for it. no real body work done, the car was straight as an arrow. maaco did all the prep work though. 63k original miles from 1988. yeah it's really torch red, my camera kinda sucks so the pics don't do it total justice. overspray wasn't really that bad, they repainted all the black trim for him too and they got a LITTLE bit of black overspray on the paint and they got overspray on the tailpipes. he's taking it back in for them to fix that for free though. i bet none of you guys even noticed this either but his door mouldings were really warped too, so he had maaco take them off and tape off and paint where the mouldings SHOULD be black to match the rest of the car. i thought there were totally gonna f' that up but they did an AWESOME job on that too. and now that you guys mentioned it, i do kinda like the LX's on his car better too. keeping the cobra's on my GT though. :D thanks for the replies!