Progress Thread Budget 89 GT

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what this thing died finally while i was data logging... do you see anything weird. i know my fueling looks weird im still working on it. i found my regulator had a lot more pressure than necessary so i adjusted it and am working through that now....

just didnt know if you seen anything weird where it kills itself at the end of the log

Attachments

• fuel pressure fix.msq
    120.1 KB · Views: 141
  • njunhunhu.msl
    2.2 MB · Views: 126
@a91what this thing died finally while i was data logging... do you see anything weird. i know my fueling looks weird im still working on it. i found my regulator had a lot more pressure than necessary so i adjusted it and am working through that now....

just didnt know if you seen anything weird where it kills itself at the end of the log
Ok so it looks like we need to re-do some of the idle settings with the new heads, the initial values are no longer correct for the higher mat temps after you did all those pulls.

one other thing i want to point out to you sir.... Your injector PW is in the 23mS range.... and the duty cycle on the injectors is up around 95% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This means one of two things...
1. your out of injector
2. the fuel pump cannot keep up.

I think you are running the LU47 injectors so you should have enough there but what pump are we using????

based soley on fuel flow the ecu is estimating over 500hp with a bsfc of .62 :shrug:

255lph.

i was going to buy a 340 but everyone said it would be to much.... i kinda notice at the upper end it acts like its running out of fuel. these injectors are MSD 50lbs

if this thing cracks anywhere near 500hp ill be tickled... it doesnt seem fast to me but my wife and best friend get in it and get scared so i may just be used to it after making so many pulls in it

I suggest you put a fuel pressure gauge on it where you can see it running down the road (the ones with an electric sender are nice for this) during a pull of the pressure drops off then the fuel pump cant keep up or the lines are now a restriction. It may be time to put it on a dyno and see what she makes.

If your car makes anything near the power of the one I tuned down here GT40X heads E303 on 3 Turbo kit... then it's likely scary fast.

HMMM... yeah ill have to figure something out there... these aftermarket rails dont have a shrader valve. i have a gauge on it but its fixed to the regulator....

you dont happen to know the numbers on that car do you? or what his fuel system set up was? mine cant be to different.

Its sounds like he maybe a HP junky :D

If it was me I would probably turn the boost down 1-2 psi just until you get the fueling under control and then off to the dyno.

Its sounds like he maybe a HP junky :D

If it was me I would probably turn the boost down 1-2 psi just until you get the fueling under control and then off to the dyno.

yeah.. i dont have to drive it it can set in the garage till i get parts... there is a guy about an hour away that is really good with turbo mustangs. tunes on MS PIMPXS but he charges $100.00 an hour.... i dont mind paying him but id like to have my car ready to go and know its gonna not need to be worked on. there is nothing that pisses me off more than paying someone else to work on my own cars...

I totally understand as I dont let anyone touch my car for anything. I was just meaning after you get the tune sorted to get a couple pulls to see the HP numbers. Based on Steve's feedback I just wanted you to be on the safe side of it going "split". You seem to have a really good setup and have been watching your progress, so keep up the good work.

lol yeah i dont want the block to crack open like an egg.... Steve just needs to come up here on vacation and see the corn fields.

i probably will take it down there just to have him run it on his dyno. didnt really plan on getting heads this fast tho. now im feeling the growing pains...