build advice needed

93fox5.0

May 24, 2010
Hallettsville, TX
well i read somewhere in a post sum1 said its easier if u say what u want to do and yall tell me what needs to be done well if this is even possible my goal what i really wanna do is my car to run 10's even if its 10.99 but things i definitly want is the stock 302 bored over no bigger then 306 i def wanna run the kenne bell 2.1 blowzilla i dont want nos and i want to keep full interior along with roll cage and wulld like to keep p/s for sure and a/c but im almost positive the a/c has to go it always is in the way lol so i wuld like opinions on what i need to do to achieve this goal thanks alot guys for any help

• Sponsors (?)

You won't be able to do it on the stock block either (I'm sure there are some turbo guys who have done it) but it's just a terrible idea to throw so much money into a stock block

friends setup is:
DSS level 20
AFR 185s worked to 205+
carb (only running a 650)
solid roller cam (aggressive as hell, not a lot of lift but the cam lobes are nearly square :D )
built bottom end
dog box style trans (straight cut gears, no syncros etc)
built 8.8 moser axles
4.30s (he just switched to 4.56s)
m/t slicks and a healthy shot of juice
roll cage, full interior
fiberglass hatch
I believe he's running comp eng. Shocks and coil overs
LTs, X, and single chambers
etc.
combo went 10.01 last season and has been geared up and tweaked some more
he's a damn good driver and will be into the 9s this year easily

10s can obviously be done but you better be ready to spend the big bucks and do 99.9% of the work yourself

so hes running a carb setup? i wanna stay efi also and i do plan doing everything but machine work myself and do plan on starting from scratch buying a new block and just building up and im either going with a kb or turbo setup im also not going for an all out drag car im lookn to basically have a 10 sec streetable car

306, forged pistons to the compression ratio. I would re-think your choice on the x-cam and the trick flow heads. Get a set of AFR's, and then Call Buddy Rawls or Jay Allen to grind you a custom cam to match the heads and supercharger.
We also need to know what tranny you are running and what your suspension set up is. IMHO the suspension and the ability to run consistant times is what is going to get you into the 10's.
If it were me a built C4 with a line lock and high stall is the way I would go. I would also ditch the stock seats for light weight racing seats.

suspension i am open to suggestions on i know NOTHING about suspension i plan on keeping the 5 speed with a line lock but i dont know what tranny to run give me advice on that as well aslong as its a standard right now i still got the stock 5spd and seats i was gonna go with recaro sport seats or bride seats and if i tell them my setup will they be able to make me a good cam just based on wut i tell them my setup is and can i get a link to those afr heads everyone is suggesting and why are u against the trickflow heads?

i have opted to get a nitrous kit also but still wanna run 10;s without it also ppl said get a new block well i was lookn at blocks on LMR and theres so many i dont kno which to get any suggestions? also i kno i need a new tranny so i was lookn at those on lmr also and the most torque the 2 stongest hold is 600ft/lb tq will they hold more and which 1 is better the tremec 5spd extra hd (close ratio 26 spline) or the tko600?

you seem to know what you want and you were given some great suggestions. go out there and do some research and reading instead of waiting for a bunch of internet racers to build your car for you.