Building a new motor soon...need input

BlueBossS197

Aug 29, 2006
Oklahoma
Well, I know for sure I will be running Cleveland heads, but I am on the fence about building a full Cleveland motor or a Clevor. If I do a Clevor, I want to do either a Boss 302/331 or a 351 Clevor. And If I run a Cleveland, obviously a 351-360 CI motor. But what I want to know are the pro's and cons of either motor. I know the Cleveland has some main oiling issues, but that's about it. I know of no Windsor drawbacks though. So please enlighten me on the possiblities! Any input is welcome, whether it be positive or constructive criticism

P.S., motor will be a track motor and will be high revving. Some of you know about my head thread from a few weeks ago, so now I'm on the block issue.

• Sponsors (?)

Cleveland

The Clevor is pretty tricky to build, since you're gonna have to drill passages on the Cleveland heads to be able to use them on the 302 block. The intake's also gonna be a tough find. It'd be nice to have a high-rev Boss engine under the hood, and its alot lighter than the 351 block. But the Cleveland is a more straightforward build, and as they say, there's no replacement for displacement. Then again, its heavier and is gonna clutter your engine compartment. Either build is pretty sweet, but personally, I'd go straight up with the 351 Cleveland.

The Clevor is pretty tricky to build, since you're gonna have to drill passages on the Cleveland heads to be able to use them on the 302 block. The intake's also gonna be a tough find. It'd be nice to have a high-rev Boss engine under the hood, and its alot lighter than the 351 block. But the Cleveland is a more straightforward build, and as they say, there's no replacement for displacement. Then again, its heavier and is gonna clutter your engine compartment. Either build is pretty sweet, but personally, I'd go straight up with the 351 Cleveland.

Yeah I want to try to stick to Cleveland if I can remedy the high rpm oiling issues the Cleveland apparently has. But it's true that a high rev Boss would be sweet.

Maybe...