Buyer Beware!!! Use Caution buying from MUSTANG WAREHOUSE!!! Buyer Beware!!!

KBCobra95

Aug 28, 2005
North Carolina
All you guys beware of MUSTANG WAREHOUSE on ebay. I bought an energy suspension polyurethane transmission mount from them on Feb 1st, 2007. The thing is I bought and paid for this item using the buy it now method and immediately paid through paypal. Well, 1 week passed and I was getting a little anxious. I sent an email to Mustang warehouse asking for a tracking number and any other info. They replied back saying; " hey . your mount will ship priority mail asap. for some reason we did not recieve payment notification. sorry abo0ut that but it is going out asap. thanks. jeff" Ok no prob, I am a patient guy. Well a week after that my mount is still not. I sent another email asking if the mount had been shipped and for the tracking number. A shipping number was sent, so I went to USPS and entered it in. There was no Info on the USPS website so I called the local PO and asked them. They said that the number I gave them was showing parcel post but it still did not mean that it was shipped. They said wait a few more days then file a claim. Well I emailed the seller one more time and he replied: lol not given information. read the tracking number. the info tells all. don't come over here with this non sense implying it was not shipped. there it is in plain english. but dont worry pal the postmaster will track it as the post office looses almost nothing. SO now it has been over 3 weeks since I bought the mount. It seems I have been scammed. Even some of his feedback shows it. Use caution buying from MUSTANG WAREHOUSE if you want the product you paid for.

• Sponsors (?)

Parcel post is the bottom basement of shipping methods. The fact that they are so cheap that they use it doesn't speak highly of them. Usually priority mail is less than 10% more, and it takes significantly less time. As much as it blows, be patient, you'll probably get your item.... eventually. :nonono:

OK I got an email from him today. Here is his email!

" be advised that you have 24 hours to remove your post on corral.net located at the following link http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=886740. this is considered slander and defamation of character according to our attorney. legal action will be taken against you in accordance of state and federal laws. if you should decide not to remove your post you will be sued in a federal court while all damages are perused. consider this to be your friendly warning."

OK I got an email from him today. Here is his email!

" be advised that you have 24 hours to remove your post on corral.net located at the following link http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=886740. this is considered slander and defamation of character according to our attorney. legal action will be taken against you in accordance of state and federal laws. if you should decide not to remove your post you will be sued in a federal court while all damages are perused. consider this to be your friendly warning."

Well if you are just stating facts then they cant do you ****.

most likey just a scare tactic, like they are really gonna spend the money and time to sue someone over something like that.

BUT, its up to you what you decide to do, they could get a wild hiar up thier ass and decied to go for it, might not win but it would be alot of hassle for you.

Actually, he does have "Don't buy from" in the title here. That's not a fact, that is indeed an opinion that can hurt their business. He should have started the thread like I did about buyfordracing - "Use caution when ordering from" or "this is what is happening, what would YOU do?"
:p

I really dont think anything except a headache would come out of a lawsuit. If I made a thread saying dont get a Honda, they couldnt sue me. Even though he says it, it is up the the consumer if they buy from him or not.

But I would atleast change the title incase he does do something to save you a headache.

Plain and simple, you haven't gotten your part. That is the deal, you pay, they sell you the part. I don't think the have a case, unless the parts shows up.

Email him back and say that once you recieve the part, you will take down the post.

F*** them! Simple business transaction, and they want to go to court, where is the customer service. I hate this country!

I really dont think anything except a headache would come out of a lawsuit. If I made a thread saying dont get a Honda, they couldnt sue me. Even though he says it, it is up the the consumer if they buy from him or not.

But I would atleast change the title incase he does do something to save you a headache.

I totally agree. I never said he did anything wrong, legally. It's just if he wants some results.... the original title would piss the guy off, before he even clicked to read the thread. :D

I also 100% agree that Customer Service is now the lowest priority of MOST businesses. :bang:

Yeah, they wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on. According to a lawyer friend of mine (who happens to live next door and owns a sweet '01 GT) unless you actively dissuade potential buyers (that is to say, buyers that were currently beginning transactions with or looking into transactions with that specific seller), or distributing intentionally false information about him, you are not in the wrong. Call his bluff.