Buying a used car with stroker

shttygtstang

Jun 2, 2004
Tell me what to look for so i know if hes lying our not. What supporting mods should i see like oil pan upgrade injectors ect...

There are stock heads on the ride with long tubes.
I just dont wanna pay for a stang with a 308 and gears .

• Sponsors (?)

So far I talked him down t 3k , I love the car but I dont like buying other peoples toys like this

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 102
Bought my stroker for my 67 used. Even today, there's no way from looking at the engine (fully assembled) to know it's a stroker. The seller had complete receipts for his build. That's the only real evidence. Problem was, he didn't have any quality control verification on the build itself--All top dollar internals, poorly assembled. Rings improperly installed, etc. The guy at the machine shop that did the re-work for me was PO'ed, and wanted to know who built it. When I told him it was a kid in Cali, he settled down. Muttered something about if it was anyone local he was going to jerk a knot in their tail. :)

If the seller can't produce receipts, I'd be VERY leary. What car geek do you know that's into it enough to build a stroker motor that doesn't keep ALL his receipts?

Thats what im thinking, I have every recite for my stock s10 for the stupidest things.
Im going to talk him down more and regardless of millage ide pay this for a clean nice running mustang . I hate liars .
His story is he bought the unfinished project and just put the heads back on . They have been reworked with new valves and porting. He has all the recites for this but nothing for the bottom end though. Also claims theres a cam in it.
My next ? is there really a cam or is there a dead cylinder.
Its hard finding a truthful seller. I just learned while buying a car every one lies.

If the cam could easily be confused with a dead cylinder, I'd be pulling it out anyway. I guess the best question is what you alluded to earlier: Is the price good enough that if you're getting a worn out, non-rebuilt, non-stroked 5.0 with a dead cylinder, is it still a deal? If you're answer's yes, then buy it. You're good in the worst case, and everything else is just gravy.

Wheels look like early 2000 era factory wheels. Can't do the exact year on the newer body styles, but I recognize them. Nothing special in my book, but I'm kinda picky...