Buying new tires. Should I buy new rims?

Should I buy new rims?

• Total voters

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
So I'm running 18x9 silver saleen replicas all round. My tires are shot. I just bought 2xKDW2 275/35/18 for the front. What should I do about the rear... reckon its worth spending the cash to get 18x10 rears and 295s????

Thing is that two 18x10 silver replicas are 360 bucks. I can get a whole new set of 18x10/9 for 480 shipped. I could get hypercoated saleens... (please post pics of them if you have em)... or something different. :shrug:

How much difference is that extra inch of tread going to make...? Is it worth the $$$?

• Sponsors (?)

There are pics of my wheels in my sig. I have the same set-up you are thinking about, hypercoated 18x9/10 and 275/295. I should have some new pics up in a couple of days, i just cleaned the car tonightI love the look of the rims.

If you can get a whole new set of rims for 480 shipped, i'd go for it. You'll have better luck selling 4 used rims than 2 and you can probably get 300ish for them. Then i'd go for the combo I have. The 295's look bad a$$ in the back and i think they are worth the extra money. You're already spending a lot, so might as well go the distance now rather than regret it later.