Bypassed the Shaker 1000 amps

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
Rowland Heights,California
So I finally bypassed the stock amps and used some other amps i had laying around. I used a 100X4(RMS) to power the 4 highs on the front channel at 2 OHMS stereo and then wired the door subs to a 4 ohm load(actually its about 3.5 OHMS) stereo.In the trunk I removed the 2 10" Shaker subs and and then wired a 12" Orion sub. Total of about 1200 watts(2000 max) and it sounds a helluva lot better. The bass from the doors is more then the 2 10's were and its a lot clearer because i crossed over the highs at a higher frequency so now they dont distort.Just thought i would let you guys know there is a cheap fix for the Shakers.

• Sponsors (?)

Very similar to my current system. I don't care for the factory door woofer, but I haven't found anything else to fit without hacking. I have some Kicker SSMB8's coming, and a pair of DEI Studio 8 Neos. Maybe they'll work.

I am using a 90hz cutoff, but my upper range drivers are not factory. The door woofers run clean past 200, though. I just wish they'd handle a bit more power down low. They don't care for anything below 32hz at all, and I only have them getting roughly 60 RMS.