C.H.E. K-member brace w/ torque limiters..... WOW!!!!

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Long Island NY
I just installed the C.H.E. K-member brace with engine torque limiters on a customer car yesterday and I must say HOLY COW!!! You don't realize how much drive train slop there is in these cars until you install one of these. The vehicle is a lot more rigid and solid feeling over bumps and turns without affecting the ride. It's also a lot more stable over rough roads I assume due to the engine and tranny not sloshing around. The shifting is a bit smoother and driveability of the car is improved when changing gears. The only draw back is a bit of vibration by my feet under light acceleration but it goes away over 2K rpm and is not present when cruising. All and all a must have if you're looking for a more rigid chassis and driveline.
I don't think any official sponsor carry C.H.E. so I don't think I'll be stepping on toes if I redirect you guys here. C.H.E.K-MEMBER BRACE Thank you and God bless :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I've been rockin' one for quite a while now. Great piece! With a short throw shifter, it really makes shifts awesome. The car torquing with the motor when you rev it up in neutral is neat too.

I just installed mine with an mgw about a week ago and it's got a nice piece but still binding up for whatever reason. Trans was just replaced under warranty about 3 weeks ago so i'll try motor mounts next and see how that goes. It felt better when everything was stock...so i don't know.

I just installed mine with an mgw about a week ago and it's got a nice piece but still binding up for whatever reason. Trans was just replaced under warranty about 3 weeks ago so i'll try motor mounts next and see how that goes. It felt better when everything was stock...so i don't know.

thats no good. What was wrong that caused the transmission to be replaced? What do you mean by "binding up"? The transmission is binding? Or the brace is binding?