Mach 1 C&L CAI Fit Issues

swaftom

Mar 27, 2006
I'm trying to in stall the kit with the stock MAF, but when I went to put in on, the filter is like 3 inches longer than the stock, and sticks out so far from the C&L shield that it does not fit. It is not even close, I mean around 3 or so inches more and it's running into the front of the car from the inside. DId they send me the wrong filter? Can anyone help? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

The filter you get with the C@L kit is a 9" filter which is correct. Me and a friend installed mine. What we did was put the C@L kit together outside of the engine and then when we got everything pieced together, then we hooked it up to the Throttle Body and then put the shield over the filter. It fit like a glove. No fitment problems at all. :shrug:

Yea, tried putting it together outside then slip the whole thing in at once. When I did that, the filter contacts the car around the inside headlight area at the point in which the end of the pipe to connect to the throttle body is about 3 inches or so off, so it's not like it's close and I can just try to force it in. The pipe is about half way past the TB. I'm very confused as to what gives, because even putting the excess of the new filter into the little hole that is for the stock cone part to go into isn't big enough to allow it to fit, so I can't put it in there. I'm gonna take pictures, maybe that will help someone figure it out. Thanks for the reply though.

Good luck with that! I know there are people who claim to have gotten it to fit with the stock mass air, but I'm not one of them. When I did this mod a few years ago, I tried like hell to get it to fit, and there was no way! I eventually saved up for the complete setup that included the C&L 85mm mass air and air box.

CnL_13.JPG