Cammed 01 GT running lean, slow acceleration. Stalling when shifting into gear.

PDHSB

Jun 11, 2020
VA
Recently put in the Comp stage 2 camshafts along with springs. My 0-60 is very sluggish, around 8-9 seconds depending on the pull. I can smell how rich the engine is running just from the smell. Also, when I shift into gear, I almost always stall, have to open the throttle just to keep it alive.

Did a compression test, looks like about 180 on all cylinders but #5 which is at 120. I'm not sure if I have a vacuum leak, maybe an exhaust leak or something else. I should mention that I have a Dorman intake manifold and it's definitely holding me back in power, but this is far below stock performance.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you think the short intake runners could be holding me back that much on the Dorman? Should I go to a junkyard and find a PI manifold or should I just go with a Ford Racing one for $250?

Yes actually. The Dorman intakes are known to cause more problems than even a stock brand manifold. Start with a pi intake (used pi from junkyard in good shape or Ford Racing. You can get 10-15 wheel hp just from switching this, provided everything else is running good together.