Cams for 01 Cobra??

2003BlackStang

Nov 11, 2003
What cams should i put in my 03 Cobra? I will supercharge it in the future but the cams will be in the car before the s/c so what cams should I get? I want to do all the bolt ons and build the motor before i s/c I figure ill get the max hp out of the car before the s/c and then finally when the car is maxed out on bolt on and internals throw a blower on it at low psi for a little while then up the boost slowly

I think you meant 2001 Cobra (you worded it differently in the subject line and within the text in your post above). No big deal, anyways...

I'm not sure that adding "hotter" N/A cams are in your best interest if you plan on adding a blower in the future (wouldn't one want to utilize "blower-specific" cams ideally?).

In any event, unless you have a lot of cash burning a hole in you wallet, I would just hold off on the N/A cams for now and save up for a forged build, and look to include blower cams as well.

However, if you are determined on swapping out the cams while naturally aspirated right now, you have a few options. FR500 spec stuff (run a search or visit the FRPP/Ford Racing homepage for more info) or Crower Stage IIs seem to be a pretty popular choice. Here's a tech article that a fellow SN member wrote up for the Crower II's:

http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Articles/Cobra-4V-Crower-Stage-II-Camshaft-Install.html

G'luck.