Can 20's still fit on lowered Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

should be fine with 20x10s in the back. I would run a 295 26 inch tire.

I like the look of 20s and 18 bullits. I am not fond of any other 20 inch wheel unless you are going high end and nice, and if thats the case why not 19s?

I got a pretty set of 20's to lock right on.
Just sitting tight until I finish all my work.
295's sound real nice on there.
I think Im going to leave the lowering alone and just let the dubs do the walking. Thanks for the unput guys.

Anybody else know anything about lowering with 20 inch rims?
Good/bad? let me know thanks Banger.

Car will look Terrible with no drop. It will definitely look "DONK".

if you are worried about Gas mileage, you should know that those 20s are going to have far more effect than the gears would. probably a 2 mpg loss.

Car will look Terrible with no drop. It will definitely look "DONK".

if you are worried about Gas mileage, you should know that those 20s are going to have far more effect than the gears would. probably a 2 mpg loss.

I may go ahead and pop the wheels on just to get a look at it. To see if I need to drop it for sure or not. Seems like 20's will fill that wheel well just fine without a drop. and I definately dont want rubbing.

I know the rims will lose about 1-2 MPG. Thats why I didn't want a gear change to affect it too much as well. I can take one poison. I dont need both. My 5.4 truck has 22's no cats and it still gets 15.8-16.5 per gallon highway. (no spazzing out of course)

I may go ahead and pop the wheels on just to get a look at it. To see if I need to drop it for sure or not. Seems like 20's will fill that wheel well just fine without a drop. and I definately dont want rubbing.

I know the rims will lose about 1-2 MPG. Thats why I didn't want a gear change to affect it too much as well. I can take one poison. I dont need both. My 5.4 truck has 22's no cats and it still gets 15.8-16.5 per gallon highway. (no spazzing out of course)

They might fill the wheel well out some more, but you're also raising the car up by the same amount. If you're going from 18s to 20s then you would "fill the gap" by one inch *and* raise the car by one inch (assuming no change in height due to tires), which gives your 2 inch increase in diameter.

I tried to explain this to my wife when we went from 16s to 18s on her SLK. The proof was when we put the 18s on without a drop and it looked like 4x4 (moreso than it already did). It looks great now that I lowered the car by 1 inch.

They might fill the wheel well out some more, but you're also raising the car up by the same amount. If you're going from 18s to 20s then you would "fill the gap" by one inch *and* raise the car by one inch (assuming no change in height due to tires), which gives your 2 inch increase in diameter.

I tried to explain this to my wife when we went from 16s to 18s on her SLK. The proof was when we put the 18s on without a drop and it looked like 4x4 (moreso than it already did). It looks great now that I lowered the car by 1 inch.

I'll pop them on this weekend and give it a good look.
I dont mind dropping it. im trying to get a reply from anyboddy who has dropped a mustang and put 20's under there.
So far no replies.
I dont mind 18's but I dont want them, I dont want cobra r rims. Then I would have the same stang everybody on here has. we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for replying fam.