Can a backup camera be added at dealer on a 2012?

postlifecrisis

Aug 27, 2011
Just wondering if a factory backup camera can be added at the dealer on a 2012 Premium? Is the wiring pre-installed? I'm thinking of buying next year, not many on the lot seem to have the camera. I have it on my 2011 Outback and don't want to be without it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Did your car have a screen in it? If so then yes but if u dnt have the screen they'll probably have to change that whole panel and put the one in with the screen and add the back up camera on the back of the car I assume

Just wondering if a factory backup camera can be added at the dealer on a 2012 Premium? Is the wiring pre-installed? I'm thinking of buying next year, not many on the lot seem to have the camera. I have it on my 2011 Outback and don't want to be without it. Thanks

You will probably have to purchase the upgraded electronic package that comes with a back up camera. At the minimum, if you're trying to avoid the price of that package they do have the backup sensors that work extremely well unless you just like to see what you're going to run over :shrug:

If you are thinking of buying next year, just order it the way you want it. You don't need the upgraded electronics package. But, to answer your question - I'm sure the dealer can do anything you need, but it may not be cost effective. I do not know if the wiring is already in place.