can anybody find any problems with this?

this is the emai I am planning on sending any suggestions would be great

"I am interested in this car. Unfortunately I live in Texas and it is a long drive so I would like to get as many of the possible setbacks cleared up before heading out for a test drive.
1. Please clarify if this is a Shelby Gt, a Shelby GT500, or a mustang gt with mods similiar to those on a shelby.

2. It seems that the hood is out of alignment slightly. Is this the case or is it just the picture.

3. some more photos would be great and are a must before I drive there. specifically of the dash plate signed with production # and also the plater under the hood. Please make sure that there are both up close shots and broader range shots.

4. It is a long drive but I have no problem turning the car down if it is not up to my expectations so to keep from wasting my time please do not attempt to hide anything from me.

5. I will also need to take the car to an autoshop of my choice in the local area when I am there so if you have any problems with this please tell me now.

I can pay upfront cash so this will hopefully be a good deal for the both of us."

• Sponsors (?)

Huh... Looks somewhat legit... I can't believe it!

I saw a few things that were strange... The floormats were stock (?) and there was no GT symbol on the side of the car (most '07 Shelby GT's have them).

Worth a shot at calling them. I could see the "Shelby" tags in the car and under the hood...

But once again, it could be a clone... or worse...
It could have some huge problems, like a broken engine. Who knows :p

I pulled the original factory window sticker for this car, and it is a genuine 2007 Shelby GT, as noted by the $2,140 factory "GT Upfitters Package," which designates a GT being prepped to send to Shelby for the Shelby GT upfit. Click here to see this car's original window sticker.

I also pulled the Ford Service "OASIS" report for this VIN #, and the following service warning is clearly posted: "SHELBY GT W/ FORD RACING PARTS INSTALLED,FOR COVERAGE 1-800-367-3788"

The only warranty repairs showing are on 2/27/08 at Midwest Ford-Lincoln-Mercury to recalibrate the passenger airbag per the recall on all Mustangs of that vintage. This car was sold new (in Kansas, it appears) on 3/28/08 with 156 miles on the odometer, but not licensed until 4/23/08 in Lynchburg, Virginia (also with 156 miles). I'm assuming that it was bought out-of-state and shipped to the buyer based on that info. The vehicle history report is 100% clear with no trouble indicated, and only 1 owner on this 7 month old car.

From looking at the photos, and my first hand knowledge of how a Shelby GT is configured, here's what has been altered on the car...

• GT500 wheels in place of the factory 18" black Bullitt wheels.
  • Rear spoiler added.
  • All weather floor mats in place of the carpeted mats.
  • Otherwise, looks correct down the the striping, badging, and SAI tags.

As for the supercheap $19K price? Keep in mind that there are still a few brand new 2007 SGT's for sale (and new 2008 SGT's), as there was little demand for this model in the shadow of the 500hp GT500's. New, '07 SGT's have been sold in the $25K to $29K range (about the same as a regular Mustang GT), so $19K isn't so hard to believe, even though it should bring much better money than a regular Mustang GT, IMO. Maybe the seller is in a bind?

Thanks for the very detailed reply Five Oh Brian. You seem very knowledgeable on the topic and your reasoning makes alot of sense to me. I'm waiting for a reply from the seller and will see how it goes from there.

Looks somewhat legit...

I saw a few things that were strange... The floormats were stock (?) and there was no GT symbol on the side of the car (most '07 Shelby GT's have them).

It's legit.. other than the inappropriate mods..

All SGTs (07s, 08s) have the 'Powered by Ford' badges.. they are worth a pretty penny on eBay.. If you can even find a set.. :nice:

Floormats are not stock. The SGT mats are carpet with SHELBY emblems.. again, they are worth a lot of money.