Can anyone help me find a part number need midpipe to header nut that threads on stud

svtpower

Apr 30, 2005
Wisconsin
I can't believe these are this hard to find. My local Ford dealer says "I don't know what part number those are" after being on the phone for 20 minutes, NAPA doesn't know and doesnt have them, Advance auto doesnt know and doesnt have them. I bought some that were really close from a hardware store but they dont thread on.

I need the nut that threads onto the stud from the bottom of the stock headers. I messed one up when I installed my Hpipe and now I need a replacement.

Anyone have a part number for that?

I think I need to have the dealership order me one or something.

This is for the 87 Fox btw.

• Sponsors (?)

try going into ford and ask. sometimes they'll let you look at the parts screen with them to help find the part.

if nothing else, go to the hardware store and get a bunch of nuts to try out.

thanks

I went to the dealership and brought in the nut...no dice. He gave me part number 387039S and said it's disco'd.

I have my H-pipe in the car with just 3 nuts on since one is messed up so I have alittle leak. I am not gonnga take it all off again and buy new headers just because I need one stud nut. I just can't belive this is such a hard item to find.

So strange. :shrug:

have you brought the nut into a hardware store?? they should be able to measure and match the thread pitch and diameter.

have you tried any performance shops in your area. they may have extra from other installs or carry a supply of them 'just in case'.

The nuts in the link I posted yesterday should fit if you can't find anything locally.:shrug:
The parts store (or a garage) might also be able to rethread the nut you have. If nothing else works, you can drill out the old stud and just replace it with a bolt.

But, if you already replaced the rest of your exhaust, why wouldn't you want to spend a couple hundred dollars more for some new headers? The stock headers are choking your engine more than the stock H-pipe or cat-back were.

I'm sure something from Lowe's or Home Depot will fit. I stretched and broke a bolt on my midpipe install (where it connects to the catback) and just grabbed a $.30 replacement and nut at Home Depot.