Can anyone tell me how to install a cam?!

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Im getting an typhoon intake soon, and while its apart i figure why not install a cam.....lol but i have NO idea how to...could anyone tell me step by step or link me somewhere to a place to tell me how? ive done cams in motorcycles, and i do know its diffrent, but i get the general idea of how they must be ligned up timed, etc. Also, what cam would anyone reccomend for my stock motor, and possible future supercharger? an e303 cam? thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I would NOT do a cam in there with stock heads.. The fact that youre putting in a TYPHOON should not affect that decision. Also, in terms of labor, youre not saving THAT MUCH time by doing the cam at the same time. I think (my opinion only) that cams are 'overated' power mods, ESPECIALLY on a car making less than 30HP over stock. (since our cams are not all that bad to begin with)
RC

Agreed, the cam is one of the stock components on our cars that is really not that bad. As far as doing it while you're doing the intake, it won't save you that much time since there is so much other crap you have to take off.

My friend, a few years ago, didnt dyno his 98, but he did the Intake, MAF, and 65mm TB all at once, and he said it felt like a new car after just that.

I think a nice DIY setup is A MAF, TB, CAI(homemade) and a new Intake.
Adds looks and power for under a grand. (throw some underdrives there too) :nice:

RC

If you have a connection at a Ford Dealership you can get a E-303 or B-303 cam for a pretty good price, I got my E cam for 160 buck!!! cant beat that