can someone tell me what exhaust setup this is?

laser2kgt

Feb 18, 2004
Laredo, TX
i rememeber i saved this video a long time ago when i first became a member. the video was supposed to help me pick my setup but i dont remember what it was specifically. now that i have the cash i dont know what the damned setup was. i think the mufflers are flowmaster 40's. the 2-chamber ones. whether its an x or an h im not sure. can anyone help me? lol, btw how can i let you view the video?

• Sponsors (?)

Upload it to putfile or some place like that. If it was with flowmasters, it was probably an H pipe. X pipes usually sound pretty strange with flows.

sgarlic said:
X pipes usually sound pretty strange with flows.

streetstang03 said:
that sounds horrible. sounds like a BBK or Bassani o/r xpipe and 40 series flows.

streetstang03 said:
no, your point isnt made. It depends on the design on the xpipe. read the rest of my above post.

I said they sound strange with x pipes and flows.

You said it sounded horrible, and followed your statement commenting that it sounded like an X pipe, and flows, which if you refer to my above sentence, states that the exact combination you just said sounds horrible, sounds strange. Not sure why you're arguing something you just agreed with me on. Perhaps you're just arguing for the sake of argument. No clue.

maybe you're just blind or dont like to read things that defeat your argument. so, here it is from my original post in large font for you :nice:

streetstang03 said:
that sounds horrible. sounds like a BBK or Bassani o/r xpipe and 40 series flows.

too much rasp w/ that set up IMO. [size=+4]if you want to pair up chambered mufflers and o/r xpipe, you need to stick w/ VRS, UPR, mustangtuning.com, Dr.Gas or Magnaflow to not get that raspy of a sound like in that clip.[/size]

well that cobra's blown and thats were the whine is coming from. if you slap the dr. gas x and 2 chambers on your car it won't sound the same, but somewhat close. imo that combo sounds tons better than the one you posted earlier.

o0akoni0o said:
well that cobra's blown and thats were the whine is coming from. if you slap the dr. gas x and 2 chambers on your car it won't sound the same, but somewhat close. imo that combo sounds tons better than the one you posted earlier.
ya i know the blower sound. However, the idle sounds nice and when hes leaving the parking lot you can hear his exhaust @ thatl ow RPM. Thatws waht i want :nice: The idle on the 96-98 sound like fu**** v6's in someway.. theres 2 quiet.

All i want is a loud idle like that and to hear the exhaust get deep @ that low of RPM's. The eaton is cool on thoses cars, but i just like the exhaust and idle b/c thats do-able on my car.