Can you use an Automatic shifter bezel in a manual car.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm trying to track down a silver IUP shifter bezel from an '03-04.

I found one but it's from an Automatic. Is it possible to attach the shifter boot from my stock shifter bezel to it or are there other differences?

Does someone have a good shot of the underside of their automatic bezel? Anything to attach it to??

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:

I found one but it's from an Automatic. Is it possible to attach the shifter boot from my stock shifter bezel to it or are there other differences?

Does someone have a good shot of the underside of their automatic bezel? Anything to attach it to??

Have you tried Mustangpartsspecialties.com they have everything I'm sure you can find your part there. Anyway I dont see why you couldnt use the one from a auto use whatever you want to attach the leather boot to the bezel (hot glue, rubber seal ect...) if I am thinking of the correct part you are talking about.:shrug:

Mustang5L5 said:

I doubt it, the leather (pleather) boot that goes around the shifter gets wedged into the bezel. On the automatic the bezel just sits on top of the bottom of the shifter plate (pain in the butt to clean too)