CAN'T find brake line adapters anywhere.

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
Has anybody here done the lincoln 5 lug disc brake swap on their Mustang. I have the link that shows how to swap over in the rear, but it doesnt mention anything about the brake lines. I have the adapter that goes from line to hose, but my original line is smaller than the original line for the lincolns. So obviously the fitting is too small to screw into the lincoln junction box. Does anybody make brake line adapters than step up to a larger size. I know someone has to because I got an adapter for my SVO MC. Is there anything else I can do, my car is down hard right now with this conversion. I know someone is going to say get the lincoln lines but they are hard to find, and Im thinking Im going to have the same problem with the next junction, and the next until I have replaced everything due to the fact nobody has adapters.

• Sponsors (?)

The Lincoln soft lines in the rear (and mounting bracket) are the same used on turbocoupes and SN95's.

So when i did mine, i bought the two SN95 adapters from Matt90GT and used those.

Good news, got adapters from Napa for 9 bucks.
Bad news, despite what we all thought, the rearend is a 7.5, not 8.8. So it has to go. Gawddamnit!!! I'll be making a trip to LA sometime this week to score one. I'm fed up with this rearend stuff so I'm going to take the 8.8 I get, the axles, Auburn posi, and drop it off at ProGear in San Diego. I'll have them slap it together with new gears, and get all ready to install. I cant take the car to them because the current rearend is already torn apart. This is the easiest, quickest way, and they do good work. I'm thinking $100 for the rear, $170 for gears, and $300est for labor. I'm returning the PowerTrax and $80 Master cylinder tomorrow which will return me $500+ so I shouldnt see too much out of pocket.