cant get my gt to idle worth crap!!!

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
SO here, I recently swapped out my stock heads and intake for a modded t-moss unit, and some home ported/sleeved p heads, with the stock cam, before It ran so well I was afraid to touch it, but I want to go fast so.... but anyway i swapped it all, and the moment of truth, I went to start it, and nothing, so I reset the timing and got it to run alright, but if you come out in the morning to start it it will rev to around 1500 sit there for a second, and then die, to get it to hold you have to do the revv deal, which pisses me off(and my neighbors) but Ive tried everything, resetting base idle, tps, timing, resetting the comp everything, and nothing works, there are no vaccum leaks so I know thats no it, nothing was changed except this, and it holds 50psi of oil on cold start so I know the engine its self is good, so any pointers here other than the usual pull codes deal? I have no cel ,either..

thanks josh :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

all that work and didn't upgrade the cam?!?? why!??!?

anyway, on the throttle body there is a plug near the IAC valve. under it is a adjustment screw. it is a base adjustment for air to bypass the throttle plate. Try adjusting it, you might be able to get some improvement.
Also the IAC valve itself may be dirty or defect. Might have worked enough for the stock engine to idle right, but modified might be a different story. Mine idles very irattically after i did my h/c/i, I've messed with alot, but I think the IAC is the problem.

Also clean the MAF sensor...

haha thanks guys, It was low on gas, and was running like crap lol, I reset the timing and then reset the idle at 850 and put some gas in lol, and it runs like a champ, the reason I didnt change the cam is that its an aod and I still want it to drive well, without bucking and crap all the time..