Car Completely dies at 5k rpms....

wohorsy2002

Apr 2, 2008
I have a 2002 with a novi 2000 and msd dis-4 and not every time but sometimes in 3rd gear under wot the car will completely die and will not crank for 10-15 seconds. Sometimes however, when it dies, once shifted to 4th gear it will keep going. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Electrical issues is what i think but want others input.

• Sponsors (?)

yes and it goes up.. way up, usually doubles. Also it only does it in the lower gears(forgot to say that earlier, it happens most of the time in 3rd gear).. does this seem normal?

hmmm.... yes i have an sct custom tune. The car was built by murillo motorsports about 1 1/2 years ago and mike murillo did the chip. I am planning on going to the dyno here in a few days. I will let everyone know what i find out.

The reason i thought that it may be electrical is b/c i have been having some issues with the msd ignition and have just gotten it resolved and the car is not missing anymore. This cars fuel system is pretty good.. i will post what it has below.

Thanks for all the help

•SCT Chip
•Reichard Racing Intake Modified (V2.0)
•Accufab 75mm Throttle Body
•CPR Fuel Rails
•Siemens 55# lbs Injectors
•SCT 90mm MAF (BA2800)
K&N Air Filter
•Anderson Power Pipe
•2003 Cobra Fuel Tank
•Apten Performance Modified Dual SVT Focus Fuel Pumps
•Kenne Bell Modified Boost-A-Pump
Vortech Mondo By-Pass Valve
•IAT Sensor (relocated between throttle body & blower)
•AN-8 Fuel Line/Fitting