Fox Car Cover

HotFox

15 Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
Looking for a car cover for garage storage for my car. It is a Christmas present from my mom and of course it is I do the research and she buys and wraps kind of deal. So looking for some opinions on what is good quality that will last. Budget is under $200. Any opinions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

His car is in a garage. I don't think a carport will do him much good.

I have a Cover King satin stretch indoor cover. Very soft and is supposed to be form fitting to the car. It's more than $200 though.

Yes to confirm it is in the barn/indoor. I have a cheap 50-60 summit one I think it is Wolfcraft. But want something better I am looking at covercraft "dust blockit". I just wonder about the cowl hood a little.

Thanks again!

Scott

Mine is a California Car Cover, it's light and fits nice....but I'm pretty sure I paid closer to 300 than 200.
cover 1_opt.jpg

Is it ok to use a car cover with no wax? Reason I ask is I have to wait 90 days before I can wax car after new paint job. Should I grab a satin cover or just gently wash off dust in springtime than wax?

My painter told me no cover before 90 days. Let that paint breathe as much as it can. When you want to cover it, use compressed air to blow off as much dust as possible. Then use a microfiber towel and detail spray to get off the rest. Spray a generous amount of detailer on a small section and then do one swipe per side of towel. Turn the towel to a clean side after every swipe. That should minimize any scratches. Then wax to your hearts content.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if I can spare it, hahaha. Just built a shed and put all this crap in it.

I see you are in Bloomingdale, home of the mall. Born and raised in Union. Turned wrenches for Union Ford back in the day and raced @ E Town, before I had the sense to move to Florida 30 years ago.

Fond memories of RT 22- the deadliest highway in America.