Car got hailed on

Our Mustang GT convertible got pounded by golfball+ sized hail for about 10 minutes the other night. It put a few holes in the top, broke the honeycomb cowl vent insert and put about 75 dime sized dents all over the car:mad: my recently restored 95 f150 with 1 year old paint, steel cowl hood and bunch of other stuff got pulverized along with my wifes van and our camper. We only had full coverage on the car and the van and we see the adjuster tomorrow, hopefully we will do okay. What a crappy night:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks so much. I'd probably cry, especially for the restored truck.

I don't think dry ice would do anything for a fibreglass hood or a plastic cowl cover...

Best of luck with the insurance people.

Thanks for the support everyone, we live in Oklahoma and it has some very hardcore/unpredictable weather. Me and the little woman just got home from crusing around and were in our room doing our thing when all hell broke loose, by the time it started coming down it was to late, weird thing is you can usually smell storms coming around here and it didn't seem any different than usual:shrug: any how the insurance company took good care of us and I am getting a new black top, cowl vent cover and a few other things for the stang:nice: the resident hail experts at my work are convinced we can fix it using the dry ice and a dixe cup on a real hot day method lol.

I will probably buy another hood for the truck, have it sprayed and call it good. The paint isn't that old so it shouldn't be to hard to match.

You may have lost a bunch of people when you talk about the "smell" of a storm coming. But living in MO, I hear you loud and clear. :nice:

Good to hear your insurance is actually going to help out. We missed out on the hail this last round. Thank goodness. The stang is in pieces and taking up both sides of the 2 car garage at the moment. So my new Focus sits outside. :(